www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Moroso 6.5 sump pans

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> The Dungeon -> Deleted Momentum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Momentum

Feedback Score: 7

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Moroso 6.5 sump pans Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi Folks.. i have been offered these awesome moroso sump pans which will fit all mr2 turbo models 1990-1993 REV 1&2 ONLY

Exellent bit of kit, holds 6.15 litres of oil !!

I need to order at least 4 or 5 to keep the price reasonable on them..

The price is looking like its going to be about £270-£275 inc VAT then + shipping from N.Ireland to wherever in the uk... i would say this will be approx £15

just a little bit about these sump pans

Kicked-out sumps on each side of the pan increases capacity to 6.5 quarts without restricting ground clearance and helping to lower the average oil temperature
Solid windage tray with oil drain & dipstick cut out holes prevents oil from splashing back to the rotating assembly, robbing vital horse power
Trap door baffling allows oil to flow “one way” into the pick-up area during hard acceleration and deceleration, preventing the pick-up screen from starving for oil
Rigid one piece 1/4" thick billet aluminum pan rail
Front of pan includes a 28mm threaded bung to accommodate the factory turbo drain back connection
Side of pan retains a 3/8" thick billet receptacle to accommodate the factory oil level sensor
Includes mounting kit with hex drive steel studs and serrated faced flanged nuts

Last edited by Momentum on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:23 am; edited 4 times in total
Leakie Tbar

Feedback Score: 18

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

What size is the return into the sump ??

Does it come with a adapter ??
Momentum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Leakie Tbar wrote:

I have just edited the post and added a little discription of the sump pan

Trying to get some more solid info .

Hope this helps
greeny

Feedback Score: 15

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Leakie Tbar wrote:

It uses the stock fitting
toxo
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 53

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Moroso 6.5 sump pans Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Momentum wrote:
will fit all mr2 turbo models 1990-1995

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate, those dates are correct for USDM I think, so it will fit Rev1 and Rev2. Is that correct?
Ed
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Correct, Moroso pans only fit upto Rev2 they do not fit the Rev3 onwards.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Momentum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Indeed Folks...sorry about that.. i found this out a while ago but thought i had edited it... [d'oh!] silly me.
Moroso list that it fits a 90-95.. this is not entirely untrue as revision 2 models were available in the USA up till 1995.
But for us in the UK it will only fit rev 1&2 models.
Momentum

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ok folks.. have some proper pics i took the other day of the real thing...

This really is a awesome bit of kit in the flesh...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> The Dungeon -> Deleted Momentum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: