Car couldent start

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Azz

Car couldent start

Post by Azz »

I borrowed one of them stand alone battery booster packs and got to work on the car, connected it all up and turned the pack ON, (helps) and the alarm bipped, so I turned the alarm ON then back OFF, then fired it up and it turned over about 1/4 of a turn stopped! then clicked once every 3 seconds, (don't think this is a starter motor as this clicks really fast, BUT I rocked the car in 1st gear anyway) same thing BUT the longer I left the pack connected up to my battery the more turns the engine would do :?: but after each go it would do the clicky thing so I am hoping that it is the fact the battery pack does not have enough juice to turn the engine (as it only has a wittle battery inside), So i am going to connect my girlfriends car to it tonight and hope, that has the juice to do it!

Could there be another reason (and I don't want bad news, I am sick of people telling me the bad things it could be)

Thanks
biscuitsbrown

Re: Car couldent start

Post by biscuitsbrown »

Hey dude, firstly you should really take the battery out of the car before you charge it and remove the little water fill covers as the distilled water produces gas bubbles as it charges which can ignite if a spark is created between your battery terminal and charger grips! :cry:

I would try charging it fully first and then try it back in the car! If you still have the same problem get a new battery! If you still have the same problem then I'm sorry mate I can't be of any more help!

I hope i havent just told you to suck eggs if I have I'll shut up and get back in my box! :D

Good luck, regards Stu
lower

Post by lower »

does sound like the battery booster doesn't have enough juice to energise the solenoid properly, hence the clicking you can hear. properly charge the battery or jump start from another car and i suspect you will be fine.

Azz wrote:I borrowed one of them stand alone battery booster packs and got to work on the car, connected it all up and turned the pack ON, (helps) and the alarm bipped, so I turned the alarm ON then back OFF, then fired it up and it turned over about 1/4 of a turn stopped! then clicked once every 3 seconds, (don't think this is a starter motor as this clicks really fast, BUT I rocked the car in 1st gear anyway) same thing BUT the longer I left the pack connected up to my battery the more turns the engine would do :?: but after each go it would do the clicky thing so I am hoping that it is the fact the battery pack does not have enough juice to turn the engine (as it only has a wittle battery inside), So i am going to connect my girlfriends car to it tonight and hope, that has the juice to do it!

Could there be another reason (and I don't want bad news, I am sick of people telling me the bad things it could be)

Thanks
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

jump start mine have the same problem yesturday, may need to get a better battery, mine only die because i didnot drive it for one week
but it use to die 3 week not driven
Azz

Post by Azz »

Connected my girlfriends Corsa to mine last night and it took about 20 seconds but then chugged into life then smoothing out after about 10 seconds, I left it turning over until it got hot and then left it there for about 10 minutes and it idled perfect and the temp gauge never went higher than it was suppose to!

I am happy now \:D/

Return to “Mechanical”