S.O.B Joyriders, Part Two...

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SwissHeavy

S.O.B Joyriders, Part Two...

Post by SwissHeavy »

Just got back from a totally surreal experience. Driving out the way out of Oldham, roadworks going on, lanes are coned.

Driving smoothly along, about 25 cos of holes and grids and see the car in front dive to the left thro the cones and then a car coming head on at me, swerving to right to dodge the car, going over the 'shelf' of the new road scraping the belly of the car. He then gets it back into the lane and comes head on at me.

I don't have any choice as the lane is narrowly coned so I come to a stop and he starts flashing. Well WTF can I do? The car behind me has stopped right behind me, so I'm totally screwed. The passenger / second joyrider gets out and starts giving me abuse. I look back round then look at him and say "well what the f*** do u want me to do?" He then gives the car behind me abuse, he's slurring, blatentely drunk and then gets back in.

This is where it takes the even nastier turn. He starts to back up and I realise what he wants to do, he's going to ram me. I just calmly stare in disbelief and as he speeds toward me, I continue to be stunned. At the very last moment he brakes very hard, I'm surprised he didn't go into me.

Well that was it for me. I turn round to the car behind me and start telling him to move the f*** out of the way right now. He just blankly stares at me! S*** s*** s*** I'm on my own...

He figures I am being honest and so starts to go through the cones to my right, and I try me best to squeeze to the left, but scrape the front on the cones. He then gets past me without messing my car up and then zooms off, but not before giving me the thumbs up for letting him through, looking back I should have said B***ard but instead I just shrugged my shoulders!

I was totally stunned on this one and didn't call the Police till I got home, I didn't get their reg number cos I was more concerned with 1) getting out alive and 2) not wrecking the 2 which had just come out of the garage from a paint job and zorst fit...

Totally miffed out at the moment. I really am totally disheartened with human nature. That documentary on ITV last night didn't help.

Josh :eye:

P.S I now have a baseball bat in the car and I don't care if u call me a vigilante, no one was there to help me, and I doubt they would be again.
Essex MR2

Re: S.O.B Joyriders, Part Two...

Post by Essex MR2 »

Really sorry to hear that mate. Sounds like a nasty experience.... but TBH it could've been worse.

Some people are just unbelievable now days.

And the problem with only having 2 seats in your car is that you are less likely to have all your mates there with you if you get into trouble..... probably wouldn't have been a problem if you'd been driving a Volvo estate!!

Just glad both you and the car got out ok in the end.
Rogue_zero

Post by Rogue_zero »

shocked mate. You did the right thing. If I may say tho, loose the bat. If you going to take a weapon you will have to use it or its something they will use on you. Most people wouldnt use it as they are sensible. I belive from reading your post that you are too.

Also GBH would be a prison sentence as most roads are on CCTV. You carried it in the car so its pre meditated. Also if you pull out a bat they might have a knife and it escalates.

You did the right thing, kept your head and let it pass. And that gets more respect than lowering yourself to thug standards.
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

Sounds awful... Could have been a lot worse though.... be thankful that you're ok and so is the car!!

Ditch the bat and get a machine gun fitted to the front of your car that should sort out any problems in the future ;)
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

I take a a feckin heavy tyre iron with me in the car wherever I go. Not sure if I'd use it, but the punks you sometimes get might think a bit more when a big 6 foot 2" guy gets out holding a chrome massive bit of metal.
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Woah, your from Oldham then? So am I, and Andy Jones.

Where did this happed matey? on Hudderfield Road where they're doin that stupid bus lane effort?

There's some serious nob-ends round here, hence i also keep the breaker bar next to my seat as well (yes, it has been used :evil: [-X ) What sort of car where they in?

Sorry to here about that matey.

Steve
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
Rogue_zero

Post by Rogue_zero »

Now , I want to make something clear, Im not being big headed with the following. I just want to make a point.

I am not a violent person, I will not attack unless in defence of myself or my family. I will not provoke somebody to attack. BUT, I am also 20st 3lb of solid muscle. I am a world champion powerlifter so am at least 300% stronger than an average guy, and trained in martial arts (although some time ago but the memory remains). A basebal bat to the body will not stop me. Now my point is, there are psycos out there who are a silimlar build. you will get one hit in (if your lucky) if someone is charging at you. Then its a different story. youll have killed them or have just hit someone who didnt stop.....

I appeal to your judgement to leave the weapons at home. I dont think you'd use it anyway, and thats a compliment.

I cant belive that society is so bad its ended up with people carrying weapons and prepaired to use them.
nikaso

Post by nikaso »

well unfortunately the most average joe sees of the police is a traffic officer telling them how bad they are for speeding on a country road and having one of the reg plate bulbs out.

Never seems to be a copper around when Mr Chav understeers around a corner in front of you driving his uninsured untaxed nova/saxo etc.
SwissHeavy

Post by SwissHeavy »

Ur spot on Steve, it was just next to the BMS shop.... I had no choice but to stop!

To echo everyone's thoughts, the baseball bat has gone from the car, but my fists remain! :wink:

Totally enraged. This was the best part, when I got home (Saddleworth Steveo) I called 999. Asked for Police and was waiting for 2mins holding the line listening to it ring! I know it was Friday but if I was in dire need of help... 8-[
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Ah cool, i'm in Springhead (just in Saddleworth) where bouts are you?

I know exactly what you mean about the police situation as well, i got mugged walking home from town one night, walking through Clarksfield (well, more than once actually, must stop doing that!!), managed to run/stagger home, rang the police & they said someone would be here shortly...................... 9am the next mornin knock on door from policeman, suppose a 6 hour wait aint bad! lol

Ah well!
SwissHeavy

Post by SwissHeavy »

Dobcross ish.... near the Cross Keys... or the Shanghai Wong as it is now! Good Chinese too and incredibly popular!

We should meet up one time, would be cool to see a turbo, perhaps have a burn over the hilltop to Marsden one time? See how much more power urs has? :wink:

Clarksfield isn't so bad, I sometimes go to the Sagor Indian place there... but that's gone down hill. Infact, it's all a bit crappy there. Lees has got better, nice little wine bar has opened and that Deli place too! But u can't lose with the White Hart @ Lydgate! :)

Edit: Actually, scrap a race with u, I've checked the garage, and I don't fancy getting the whooping of a lifetime! :lol:
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Ah cool mate, know where ya mean!! My mate has his garage in the bottom of the valley down there. Knarr Mill.

Agreed, some nice grub in that Shanghai Wong!

Yeah, meetin up sounds good, drive out sounds good as well (just gotta get the car working first! lol)

Clarksfield isn't so bad
:shock: you tried walking through there on your own at 3am, lol, if not, DON'T!! [-o<

Lees rocks mate! love it there, don't bother with town much any more, the wine bar is nice! Also keeps the scrotes out! Then if ya fancy it, off accross the road into Danielles for a cheeky few AT drinks! :wink: Good man Nige for that!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
NetsMR2

Post by NetsMR2 »

Hi Josh,
Sounds like you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, I'd have pooed myself if it had been me .

glad you're ok - and glad you've got rid of the bat, that wouldnt have ended well.....

take care
Annette
SwissHeavy

Post by SwissHeavy »

Hey Annette, yeag I know, was just a little 'frustrated' after it! :)

Hope ur car's running well! I had to fork out £240 for an array of things that needed sorted... dipstick assembly, rear pads and calipers seized, fog lamps, and a sports exhaust with decat mwahaha.

All I need to do now is:

1) Find some alloys
2) Get the gearbox reconstructed
3) Fix the steering rack

Argh! [-o<
NetsMR2

Post by NetsMR2 »

hi Josh, Mine's fine now ! got the wheels sorted
If you want I can give you the mumber of my mate - he'll do you a good deal on new wheels ? He's in Bury so it's not far from you
let me know
And stay out of dodgey places !! :D
Ed

Post by Ed »

The police are **** all use when it comes to reporting this sought of thing, even if you can provide the registration. I was driven into a pavement whilst on my bike because a driver objected to me being on the road. Now I was doing 20mph at the time and the only reason I didn't brake anything was because I landed on grass. The only thing the police asked was if he'd stopped. I told them that if he'd stopped they'd be taking a statement from him from hospuital because I'd have kicked the crap out of him.

They weren't interested in doing the driver for assault with a deadly weapon(ie car) or even dangerous or wreckless driving.

I've reported similar incidents to Josh but they've never done anything about it. They then question why we take matters into our own hands.
SwissHeavy

Post by SwissHeavy »

I know exactly how u feel Ed..... it's doing my nut in!
nikaso

Post by nikaso »

I had a break in and the police came round, one of them started having a go at me for having an antique rifle and bayonet in my room.

I was like you have got to be f****** kidding me.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

nikaso wrote:I had a break in and the police came round, one of them started having a go at me for having an antique rifle and bayonet in my room.

I was like you have got to be f****** kidding me.

Too right, some scrote could've broke in and injured themselves on thay bayonet - what were you thinking? :wink:

Return to “Driving Experiences”