just my opinion.

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

anna

Re: just my opinion.

Post by anna »

I was thinking more like this (although it's all a bit dodgy with Parky behind him :shock:

Image :shock:
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Is that dodgy or doggy? :D

(sorry Anna - that was a bit rude)
Last edited by Icsunonove on Fri May 13, 2005 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

so if all the people on here that like drag racing are straight line junkies, then what does that make all the circuit fans ? after all, they're not bothered how fast their car can go on a straight , just how quick they can get it around a circuit !

well i'm off to play scalextric now ....

and wanting a sombrero AND a loaf of bread on llenrubs head in one photo is just silly ! either one would be OK though ... or maybe ... yeah, two photo's !
nikaso

Post by nikaso »

llenrub wrote:Yeah, It would be better if I had a 1200 hp skyline then I could do the 50 to 150 in 5 seconds!

Rolling starts are the domain big hp. I like that area. :)

I'd rather a big hp skyline than an Arial Atom anyday! :)

Oh dear. 8-[
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

splash2 wrote:so if all the people on here that like drag racing are straight line junkies, then what does that make all the circuit fans ? after all, they're not bothered how fast their car can go on a straight , just how quick they can get it around a circuit !

well i'm off to play scalextric now ....

and wanting a sombrero AND a loaf of bread on llenrubs head in one photo is just silly ! either one would be OK though ... or maybe ... yeah, two photo's !

Or how much fun they can have going around a circuit, playing with the balance of the car either taking a line or gooning (ie drifting) just for the hell of it. I spent the whole of Friday at Anglesey gooning, was top fun.

circuit fans=trackday junkies
sadako

Post by sadako »

Considering when overtaking a string of cars behind a 20mph grandad with a trailer on a private road somewhere I ended up doing about 90 in 2nd I think 104mph in 3rd should be doable...
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Yes but with the really powerful turbo cars on here I would expect entry into Coppice to be a truly frightening speed...

Anyone done Cadwell is a modified Mk2 turbo? What speed can you get up to?

And Llenrub, went to a trackday yesterday. There was an Ariel Atom there with a 2L supercharged engine, putting out 300bhp. The driver wasn't too shabby either. It was truly awesome. Go to a trackday and watch some of the really quick cars. I think you may be surprised how impressed you are......
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Icsunonove wrote:Yes but with the really powerful turbo cars on here I would expect entry into Coppice to be a truly frightening speed...

Anyone done Cadwell is a modified Mk2 turbo? What speed can you get up to?

And Llenrub, went to a trackday yesterday. There was an Ariel Atom there with a 2L supercharged engine, putting out 300bhp. The driver wasn't too shabby either. It was truly awesome. Go to a trackday and watch some of the really quick cars. I think you may be surprised how impressed you are......

Max turn-in speed for Coppice i did was in the RX8 with 105mph being the max. Tried it at 110mph following the chief instructor round there and we both came out of it pretty sideways. Would guess a MK2 turbo wouldn't be able to go round that corner quicker than an RX8.

Did it flat in a MK1 NA in the MR2 challenge last year at approx 100mph.

*NB both cars were on road tyres.

Return to “Driving Experiences”