MK1: Any tips on how to get the heater matrix out?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: MK1: Any tips on how to get the heater matrix out?

Post by Lauren »

Cheers Tony,

I know exactly what you mean as my SC currently looks exactly like that photo, though i did manage to get the whole assembly out without removing the crossbrace with a bit of wiggling.

Taking it all out is one thing but putting it all back correctly is quite another!

I have the small matter of my SC to strip down this weekend, but providing i have time I will have a go at cutting a neat hole in the bulkhead to swop over the matrix's into my new car.

I think providing i can cut a nice neat hole it ought to be fairly straightforward. Thanx for the tips i'll go and invest in some decent dremel blades i think!

Cheers,

Lauren
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Lauren, not wishing to put a downer on things, are you sure you will be able to slide the old matrix out from the plastic box ? the box is held together with so many screws that unless you can see them all your gonna have a hell of a job on your hands !!! :shock:
BTW Asda are doing a special on band aid plasters........... i think you may need them....ALL !!, good luck, Jinxy
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Tony jinxy froude wrote:Lauren, not wishing to put a downer on things, are you sure you will be able to slide the old matrix out from the plastic box ? the box is held together with so many screws that unless you can see them all your gonna have a hell of a job on your hands !!! :shock:
BTW Asda are doing a special on band aid plasters........... i think you may need them....ALL !!, good luck, Jinxy

Well the existing one slid out of the unit with no problem and i didn' prise the unit apart at all. There is one retaining screw which can easily be removed.

I'll let you know how it get on!

Return to “Mechanical”