3S long awaited feedback... excellent

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jimmeira

3S long awaited feedback... excellent

Post by jimmeira »

Ive been using 3S for around a year now .. should maybe of posted about a year ago but at long last here it is.. since then James and his team have sorted me out loads of times.. around last summer i had lots of trouble with my mr2 too many problems to name but heres a few they cured.. found a stone in my engine which had somehow got in.. got my car through mot when at one point i thought i was fighting a battle i would never win , fitted a new turbo as mine was sh*t, lots of corrosion too near my wheel arch and had to be welded right without damaging the bodykit which is flushed on but he got round it without damaging my good looks :).. excellent engine rebuild.. services.. there are honestly loads more things that has been fixed just dont hae my reciepts to hand.. to be honest the mr2 when i bought it was absolute sh*t and i shouldnt of bought it i was 17 and too excited about owning one but i believe that they have turned it in from the worst to one of the best mr2's you could own as pretty much everything has been replaced.. they have just sorted out an issue this week which had been bugging me for a couple of months with a new alternator.. its soon booked in for a bit of a tune up and gauges built into the passenger side of the dash which i cannot wait for... i dont and wouldnt take my car anywhere else..

James
Azz

Re: 3S long awaited feedback... excellent

Post by Azz »

<edit - Pic removed by BenF >

8-[
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

I was thinking this.

I was considering using 3S for a clutch change; I got my local Toyota main dealer to price it up, and it's £100 more - but for me personally, that's £100 I'd spend in fuel.
3S Service Centre

Post by 3S Service Centre »

Richard have you tried asking rogue for a quote i dont think they are far off our price.
:thumleft:

Thanks for the feedback James, its great you can drive with you music on now :mrgreen:

James
call James on 01256 883386 or 07786073755
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

I'm in the Borders a lot of the time - thankfully I don't need £100 in fuel to get from Birmingham to Reading ;)

Toyota dealer quotes £348 with Toyota's "low-line" (pattern/approved?) parts, and £398 with genuine parts including release bearings etc; I get a discount on parts & labour from them, plus the Toyota parts have good warranty (I'd need to check my service sheets, but IIRC the clutch is 2 or 3 years. > 12 months, anyway). As with the radiator - £220 for the genuine part, plus another £80 in hoses, clamps, thermostat etc, but they only charged £100 or £80 labour (main dealer!) and the radiator and labour are covered by a three year warranty! I remember this from my Sera.

I'm lucky. They were faffing with my car for four hours (mostly draining/flushing to replace the coolant, and leaving it to drain, and bleeding through etc - other jobs could be done at the same time, but I waited 4 hours and took a Prius for a test drive); I reckon many dealers down south would rapidly translate that into a £320 labour charge.

Return to “Trader Feedback”