Shafster

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

raptor95GTS

Re: Shafster

Post by raptor95GTS »

The goods delivered are faulty

When goods are delivered, you have the right to examine them carefully and to make sure that they are satisfactory. You should complain straight away to the trader if you find a fault or if you think they don't match the description you were given when you bought them.

If you find something wrong after the delivery firm has gone, you can still complain to the trader. This applies even if you have signed a delivery note. When you sign a delivery note, you are only acknowledging receipt of the goods. It does not take away your right to complain if you find out later there is something wrong with the goods, although you should do this as soon as possible – see under heading Your rights when things go wrong.

If the goods were damaged during delivery you should complain to the trader who sold them to you. It is the trader, and not the delivery firm, who is responsible for the goods up until the time they are delivered to you.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/you ... Deliveries

Trader is responsible for the goods being damaged in transist. Since Shafster has admitted this in print he is obv now going to offer the customer a full refund. michael, take a bow.
shafster

Post by shafster »

Derek M wrote:Anyway, back on topic...When is the website going to be up and running again?

There are some pics on there I want to see.

it wont be mate, the site has been offline for over a year now and i wont be reviving it or going into any major projects in the near future.

allan welsh wrote:http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/you ... Deliveries

Trader is responsible for the goods being damaged in transist. Since Shafster has admitted this in print he is obv now going to offer the customer a full refund. michael, take a bow.

the operative word here being trader ;)

which i think you will find i am not. i have full time job and sell spares that i remove from my modified cars. so as such, you will find it is a private sale. i am only registered here as an affiliate
shafster

Post by shafster »

yeah sure. i've ripped loads of people off aint i?!

let anyone who i have ripped off on this forum in the past 6 years i have been a member stand up, otherwise as i previously requested let this thread be removed as i have not been an affiliate for a long time.

as far as im concerned only this one person has ever had an issue and even then i cant take the blame for it. i never advertised the goods and the buyer was welcome to view the goods before sale. however having taken them in damaged form and then demanding a refund is beyond my remit as a private seller.

as for all the person who wish to say i am wrong, go ahead but as i have no need to sell you anything. it serves you no purpose other than blowing out hot air to air your opinion. in a civil court, you would all be shot down in pieces. but then again since you are not prepared to accept that, keep on. as far as i care, i was only here to sell and thats all i've ever done. this forum has a reputation for people mouthing off for no reason other than to put their opinion across which no one cares for anyway.

carry on, this forum has served its purposes as far as im concerned and i have no need for it or any more. but i will stick to my point that i have never done anyone wrong on this forum so all of those who wish to judge me should only do so if they have actually had any business dealings with me. otherwise, they can keep their opinions to themselves as they count for nothing.
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

shaft - so what your saying is:

"If you buy from me and collect things will be ok, if you have them sent to you via post you have a chance it will be damaged and loose all of your money"

Not being funny if I was to buy anything over a £100.00 then I just wouldn't take that Risk.

I recently bought a pair of fibreglass wings from Speed Culture (for my civic) and they arrived snapped in half.. Neighbour had signed for them (trying to be helpful) and the courier wouldn't pay out as they had been signed for (not by me tho). Anyway Speed Culture happily took my old pair and gave a brand new pair for Free. Logic is basically I will now go and spent £2000 - £5000 on body kit, spraying, fitting etc.. and will always recommend them due to their courtesy.
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Hope it all gets sorted. Shaf has always been fast and helpfull when replying to messages to me on this site and others and I dont think he would con anyone for £100.
Amelio

Post by Amelio »

Most know you've got a good rep with the MR2 community. Not sure bringing that guys mum into the equation was a sensible idea though. It's comments like that which make you look more disingenuous than you are.

If the law favoured me I would've still refunded the buyer but that's the sort of guy I am. Hey ho, only a £100. Look at what's happened recently with car purchases [-X
3S Service Centre

Post by 3S Service Centre »

You get what you pay for.
call James on 01256 883386 or 07786073755

Return to “Trader Feedback”