psp's

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

H3RB

psp's

Post by H3RB »

so anybody got one?
i know some of you may think they're for kids but i think their great :thumleft:
got the new slim & lite one which is my 3rd in all had a standard black one sold it for a white one and then i sold my white one for a slim one.
great for in car entertainment 2 especially since the slim psp can be connected to a screen :thumleft:
if you have a psp you can turn on ur ps3 from ANYWHERE in the world and watch films, play games and download things from the store directly to the psp even some ps3 games will run on the psp eg lair.
it will play any ps1 game around any type of movie file along with games from the memory stick and emulators from pretty much every console known to man (even the n64)

so anyone on here got one? what you think of it?
SamUK

Re: psp's

Post by SamUK »

so you can stream games and movies to your PSP??

thats awesome.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

yeah aslong as your at a wireless access point. the psp will turn the ps3 on and off also so u dont have to leave the ps3 on while ur out or whatever
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

I brought a PSP over a year ago for holiday but didnt use it much until lately. I finally got round to putting custom firmware on it and now dont put it down. Only problem is ive got to many games to choose from now.
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

i have a psp for sale, didnt realise you could do the above, can someone explain how to do some funky stuff with it?? :mrgreen:
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

You need custom firmware, then you can play backups of ps1/psp games. Also you can use emulators. Depends which version psp and firmware you have depends on how hard it is to update to custom firmware.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

i dont get how the psp plays ps3 games tho, thats crazy.
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

Not sure on that one, ive heard theres some link between the ps3 and psp but havnt got myself a ps3 yet.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

SamUK wrote:i dont get how the psp plays ps3 games tho, thats crazy.

the graphics are worse obviously but it still plays the same game(Y)
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

Munnsy wrote:i have a psp for sale, didnt realise you could do the above, can someone explain how to do some funky stuff with it?? :mrgreen:

to do the "funky" stuff lol you need a custom firmware which is available all over the net for free. then you need a pandora's battery ( either buy one for £15 or make one for free) to make it all u do is put the battery in a psp run a program and thats it. then to insall the custom firmware, put the firmware on ur memory card and turn off the psp.
take out the memory card and put ur battery in the psp will turn its self on and then put the memory card in. the memory card and wifi lights will flash for a min or so and when they stop the psp will turn off. just turn it back on and ur sorted :thumleft:
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

so where can i get the firmware from then???
exactly what is it and what does it do???
what does it enable me to do, thing is im due to go away soon and i have a 13 hr flight so may be worth keeping hold of :mrgreen:
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

First it depends on what version psp you have and what firmware you have on it. The Fat PSP's with firmware below 2.80 are easier to patch, newer slim PSP's require pandora's batterys.

Everything you need can be found on this website along with tutorials and downloads....

http://www.psp-hacks.com/

Custom firmware does everything the sony firmware does but also allows you to play ps1/psp games from your memory card, i now have over 50 psp games.
wes

Post by wes »

An exciting innovation for movie fans is the Portable Copy feature soon to be introduced for PLAYSTATION 3 and PSP. Put simply, this allows you to use your PLAYSTATION 3 to make an optimised Standard Definition copy of a Blu-ray Disc movie to play on your PSP. So soon you'll be able to take your Blu-ray Disc movie collection with you wherever you go. And you won't have to worry about storage space either, thanks to Sony Computer Entertainment's announcement of a 16 GB Memory Stick - twice as large as the previous largest memory stick available and able to hold up to 4,000 songs, 2,500 photos or 20 hours of video

very cool
wes

Post by wes »

That's not all the good news to come out of CES for PSP owners. If you have a PSP Slim & Lite, you will be able to take advantage of Skype the internet telephone service with more than 246 million registered members. Skype, which will become available through a System Software update, allows free calls between Skype users and low cost calls to landlines and mobile through the SkypeOut service.

also very cool

http://uk.playstation.com/psp/news/arti ... -with-PSP/
Last edited by wes on Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wes

Post by wes »

i will just put up the url for this one
GPS navigation system
http://uk.playstation.com/psp/news/arti ... -with-PSP/

well you no 8)
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

i saw the skype and sat nav thing the other day, does look good. My psp has been reborn now i have custom firmware and a ps3 :thumleft:
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

Geez i never knew so much was possible. Id love to use PS1 games.
pcp

Post by pcp »

See what david lynch thinks about watching movies on portable devices :lol:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

Return to “Games Consoles”