Half-Live episode 1

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Speedy

Half-Live episode 1

Post by Speedy »

Finally got around to re-setting up my mac so I could play the other stuff I got with the orange box.

So far, played though episode 1, and episode 2 is pre-loading from Steam right now.. so, no spoilers for episode 2, but what did people think of episode 1?

I have to say, I thought bits of it were really :+:, and bits felt like I was just re-organising cars on top of antlion nests :-: - The hospital parts stood out for me, Combine + Zombies + Zombie Combine + Me = Fun Fun Fun :flossy:
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
Bender Unit

Re: Half-Live episode 1

Post by Bender Unit »

Episode 1 was poor in comparison to HL2 and HL2 ep 2.

Still it was only meant as a space filler.
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

Some bits were a PITA but killing is always fun.

I'm glad I got ep1 and 2 as part of the orange box as at £25 each on release they are incredibly short.

Ep 2 has some additional tasks, like portal, so once you complete it there is a replay factor.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Bender Unit wrote:Episode 1 was poor in comparison to HL2 and HL2 ep 2.

Still it was only meant as a space filler.

Yep! :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Started Ep2 last night - looks to me like they have done some optimisation work on the engine between releases, as it seems to run much, much better than Ep1.

The water effects at the start are way cool.. as is the shock-wave thing coming from the Citadel.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Bearing in mind that HL uses a very dated graphics engine the game looks better than alot of new next gen titles! Cant wait for HL3! ;)
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Bender Unit wrote:Bearing in mind that HL uses a very dated graphics engine the game looks better than alot of new next gen titles! Cant wait for HL3! ;)

Thats not totally true though - the original HL was built on a modified version of Quake2. HL2 used Source, and EP-1, EP-2, Portal and TF2 are all based on different versions of Source. EP-2 and Portal certainly seem to be using a newer version than EP-1 was.

It's not Crysis, but then you can actually play it on something which isn't a supermegacomputer :tongue:
Azz

Post by Azz »

Bearing in mind that HL uses a very dated graphics engine the game looks better than alot of new next gen titles! Cant wait for HL3!

If you have Orange Box you have 66% of it EP1 and EP2 and EP3 are the 3 installments that make Half-life3, Its so you get to play it quicker.

Return to “Games Consoles”