BMW 1 vs. N/A

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Shmed

BMW 1 vs. N/A

Post by Shmed »

Bit gutted really, driving down the road when little BMW 1 series comes behind me, not literally, sitting on my 4rse. Decided to tickle the throttle to see if there was a response. The g1t matched me through 1st 2nd and 3rd at which point I slowed due to legal reasons.

He turned off at the next junction and I checked the engine, a 1.8 diesel!!! Not the finest hour, but goes to show how far diesels, and cars in general have come. Makes me wonder who I can beat :cry: Where are the Corsa/Saxo boys when you need them!!
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
BLOODUK

Re: BMW 1 vs. N/A

Post by BLOODUK »

Its the torque that beat you ;)
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

Shmed wrote:Bit gutted really, driving down the road when little BMW 1 series comes behind me, not literally, sitting on my 4rse. Decided to tickle the throttle to see if there was a response. The g1t matched me through 1st 2nd and 3rd at which point I slowed due to legal reasons.

He turned off at the next junction and I checked the engine, a 1.8 diesel!!! Not the finest hour, but goes to show how far diesels, and cars in general have come. Makes me wonder who I can beat :cry: Where are the Corsa/Saxo boys when you need them!!

You can take a 1 SEries in 4th and 5th.

They seem to have poor gearing there?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

axisofunity wrote:
Shmed wrote:Bit gutted really, driving down the road when little BMW 1 series comes behind me, not literally, sitting on my 4rse. Decided to tickle the throttle to see if there was a response. The g1t matched me through 1st 2nd and 3rd at which point I slowed due to legal reasons.

but that would involve doing silly speeds would it not?
mr2 dan

Post by mr2 dan »

had a go with a 150bhp golf dev and it pulled till i hit 5000rpm in 3rd and i am running 170bhp . dev is the way to go
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

Lauren wrote:
axisofunity wrote:

but that would involve doing silly speeds would it not?

Aye that it would. So don't do it :-p
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

0-60 your be laughing =D>
screech

Post by screech »

i raced the 2 litre diesel one, even gave him a good headstart, had to slam on my brakes in 3rd gear as i caught up with him quicker than i expected, read a review about them in a mag but it suprised me at being slower than i was expecting
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Is that in an n/a Screech? You're probably right about having the ;egs higher up, but public roads and love of life prevented it :)
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...

Return to “Driving Experiences”