Nova driver v me!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

silver2

Re: Nova driver v me!

Post by silver2 »

Pathetic is all i have to say....bloody pathetic..

Firstly that there are people that drive like an absolute fool and don't even know it.....common sense??....aha yeh right don't have any!!!!

Secondly that the preachers that are condemning these few in this thread as if they are the perfect law obiding angels of the UK roads.....hmmmm....i think not. Most of you are in denial. Speeding is socially unacceptable i say....toooshay.....B#LL#CKS....
The fact is we all do it, whether by mistake or intentionally....it comes down to the stupid speed limits in-force....the fact is we are all Car-Crazy...and we enjoy our cars....but we ALL have the potential to look like an Ass-Hole on the roads to Other road users....but to our dulluded selves we're nothing but poerfect.

Thirdly i'm pathetic for spendin the past 15mins reading each and every one of these stupid posts on this thread......complete poo.....i think people either have too much time on their hands or need to get out a bit more...OR Just use the squidgy stuff Up-Top to know when to Ignore People OR When to Reply.

Bigg Arsy Rant Over And OUT>.........
excalibur1814

Nice

Post by excalibur1814 »

How many people here have been on an advanced driving course or another type of driving course?

A friend recently had a bitrhday present from his girlfriend and he actually respects the road a little bit more now even though he has an S2000 (Fast!).

Me personally, I do like the odd sprint but it's usualy along the same road(s) that i drive on each and everyday. i know them like the back of my hand and they are, more or less, all straight two lane carrigeways. Safe and easy.

But then again, North Wales is the Traffic police state of the country with nearly all policemen/women in cars trying to do you for 1mph over the speed limit. (it's not sad and pathetic to read forums like this, it's actually interesting to see how peoples views differ! You want to read sad, go and read Computer forums.... Now they DO rant and rave like idiots)
Last edited by excalibur1814 on Sun May 01, 2005 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

silver2 wrote:Pathetic is all i have to say....bloody pathetic..

Firstly that there are people that drive like an absolute fool and don't even know it.....common sense??....aha yeh right don't have any!!!!

Secondly that the preachers that are condemning these few in this thread as if they are the perfect law obiding angels of the UK roads.....hmmmm....i think not. Most of you are in denial. Speeding is socially unacceptable i say....toooshay.....B#LL#CKS....
The fact is we all do it, whether by mistake or intentionally....it comes down to the stupid speed limits in-force....the fact is we are all Car-Crazy...and we enjoy our cars....but we ALL have the potential to look like an Ass-Hole on the roads to Other road users....but to our dulluded selves we're nothing but poerfect.

To be honest I think we all know we enjoy breaking laws ocasionally, everyone does it speeding etc.... And I know i'm not a perfect driver, but I NEVER put other people lives in danger on purpose, even passengers.

Forcing someone to stay on the wrong side of the road when they want to overtake you is just stupid and dangerous.

This forum isnt about posting how much you went over the speedlimit or how u nearly ran a bunch of schoolkids over cos you went round that corner at 90 on the wrong side of the road racing a bmw..

I think the so called "preachers" though not perfect drivers have a moral obligation to point out to the dipsticks that post on this site that down right dangerous driving is not acceptable.
silver2

Post by silver2 »

Obviously i wasn't clear.... I do agree that pratting about on the road is unacceptable and IN THIS CASE preventing others from overtaking is Moronic....

Yep also agree that we are all obliged to point out right and wrong for some who know no better....BUT what aggrevates me is the manner of stating it and the tone used by some that i find hypocritical.

I thing the Driving Experiences section seems more aggro and hassle than it's worth now. It did at one point make interesting reading, but now just bickering like children is an all too familiar stance.

Sad to say that Chav mobiles are not just Novas/Corsas/RS Turbos/Uno/Puntos etc.... BUT are also extending to MR2's (especially MK2 Turbos) due to extensive coverage in ''Chav Mags''. It's all too common to see Pratts driving the MR2 Like Pratts, just the way the Civic Type-R is now the New Weapon of Choice for a Chav.

To be honest i love the MK2 GTS, but it is an all too common sad sight (within London) to see this Cars & Drivers reputation/Image go down the LOOooo.
excalibur1814

Years

Post by excalibur1814 »

To be honest in a few years I would say that there will hardly be any MR2 Turbos left on the road! Eventually, sold on for a small amount of cash, written off by accidents....

I am actually amazed that the car can be purchased for such a low amount of money for the speed and type etc.

Shame really.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: Nice

Post by Lauren »

excalibur1814 wrote:How many people here have been on an advanced driving course or another type of driving course?

A friend recently had a bitrhday present from his girlfriend and he actually respects the road a little bit more now even though he has an S2000 (Fast!).

Me personally, I do like the odd sprint but it's usualy along the same road(s) that i drive on each and everyday. i know them like the back of my hand and they are, more or less, all straight two lane carrigeways. Safe and easy.

But then again, North Wales is the Traffic police state of the country with nearly all policemen/women in cars trying to do you for 1mph over the speed limit. (it's not sad and pathetic to read forums like this, it's actually interesting to see how peoples views differ! You want to read sad, go and read Computer forums.... Now they DO rant and rave like idiots)

Wel i've done trackdays for 5 years now, raced and had tuition from Tim Harvey, Matt Neal etc (BTCC drivers). Though i have a good appreciation of how to drive i don't race on the road ever and i certainly do not accelerate if someone is overtaking me. Of course i'll go over the speed limit occasionally like last night i was coming back from Brunty going over the top of the peak district, its midnight so i reached 75-80mph on a 60limit road. But thats not really going mad. I only let myself really go for it on track these days as thats the right place to do it, plus its the only place where you can chuck your car sideways into a corner at 95mph.

I guess in response to 'sliverMr2', i know ive done some incredibly, bad/reckless driving in my younger days, but i have learnt from that as time has gone on. I don't think its a matter of preaching to people, but as far as IMOC goes, we really don't want people to post of 'races' down the local dual carriageway. We know that people will still do it, but the idea of the driving experiences section would be talking about a good drive and good roads etc, not racing against someone else. Also when people think it is clever to accelerate when somoene is overtaking you. It makes me seriously worried as it is this kind of thing that causes accidents.
excalibur1814

Post by excalibur1814 »

its the only place where you can chuck your car sideways into a corner at 95mph.

Hee hee - Got a video of that? =D> On the way home today, behind me, I watched as a van driver threw the thing into a corner and the fish tail slide was not that nice to view. It's a van.... not a ralley car!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

excalibur1814 wrote:
its the only place where you can chuck your car sideways into a corner at 95mph.

Hee hee - Got a video of that? =D> On the way home today, behind me, I watched as a van driver threw the thing into a corner and the fish tail slide was not that nice to view. It's a van.... not a ralley car!

Nope, 'fraid not. I don't really worry about filming track antics anymore. I used to but just realised i ended up with lots and lots of footage that i never really watch. I think once i get the geo done maybe we should get some footage, we'll see. ;)

Return to “Driving Experiences”