Mistubish 3000 GTO Twin Turbo

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

brummypetepie

Mistubish 3000 GTO Twin Turbo

Post by brummypetepie »

Hi all

May mate bought one of these yesterday and took me out for a spin, I was expecting to be gutted as Ive got a Rev 2 Tubby (mildly tuned, G Valve - 15psi, Air Filter, Exhaust...) but I dont think they are any quicker considering they are a 3 litre twin turbo.

It didnt seem to have that "pull" I get in the Turbo when the boost kicks in and it pulls like a train. It did seem quick when we got going, but didnt seem to throw you back in your seat like in my MR2.

We didnt have a race or anything, so was just wondering if anyone has gone against one of these (up to 70mph of course!) and what the result was?

Im sure well have a play soon, but just wondered what everyones feeling were towards them? Theyre a bit big and ugly thoough!!!

Please be slower than my tubby!!!!!! [-o<
michael

Re: Mistubish 3000 GTO Twin Turbo

Post by michael »

Heavy cars and built for high speed crusing in comfort rather than point and squirt fun - rapid enough for most people but it gains speed in a refined way so you don't notice how fast you are going.
brummypetepie

Post by brummypetepie »

michael wrote:Heavy cars and built for high speed crusing in comfort rather than point and squirt fun - rapid enough for most people but it gains speed in a refined way so you don't notice how fast you are going.

True, the Tubby does feel like its grabbing you by the whotsits and dragging you towards the horizon.....would love to know what quicker though, just so I dont embarrass myself!!!!!

Pete
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

brummypetepie wrote:would love to know what quicker though, just so I dont embarrass myself!!!!!

http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/index.jsp?g ... s=MI000567
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

you all must be blind! lol!
me Vs GTO TT!

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 87&start=0

Return to “Driving Experiences”