central locking

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

doeboy

central locking

Post by doeboy »

i've got a 95 tubby, i,ve had fitted a cat 1 toad alarm however ever since this has been in place i can't unlock my car on the alarm button i have to use the button on the key.but i've also got remote start and after i've started the car remotely i can unlock the door with the alarm fob, can anyone tell me how i can make the car disarm and unlock the door all at the same time when the engine is off, not too much to ask you wouldn't of thought but like everything else its never straight forward. i would much appreciate any helpful advice. :?
podge1

Re: central locking

Post by podge1 »

i would take it back to alarm installers, and tell them to finish the job properly. same happened to me last month.
doeboy

central locking

Post by doeboy »

i've tried that he couldn't find any problems and put it down to being an import???????????????????????? :? :? :? :? :? :( :( :( :(
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

Load of crap. Doesn't matter what car it is... they all work the same... there will be a couple of wires going to the door solenoid, all the alarm needs to do is tap into one of them (usually the drivers door as its the master).

If he can't figure it out, then he's not much cop, to be honest.
Jon Bradley

Post by Jon Bradley »

not sure but it sounds like he might have taken a power supply off the ignition switch source instead of a constant 12V source, hence there is no power to unlock the door when the car hasnt been started.
doeboy

centrral locking

Post by doeboy »

the door does unlock when the car is off but only with the button on the key?????????

Return to “Electrical”