notification e mails

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Andy MR2 Bennett

notification e mails

Post by Andy MR2 Bennett »

before when you got e mails you could read the post without looking at the sight.

can this be done again as i access my e mails via my phone and cant always get access to a computer!

Thanks
poyntesm

Re: notification e mails

Post by poyntesm »

Quick question...I personally do not use the email notify option since I nearly live on the site at the moment.

Does it send a email for just the first new post after you or all??

If it is for all then I am guessing I could pretty easily do this...but that is a guess cause I have not studied that side of the code much yet.

Regards
Esmond
Andy MR2 Bennett

Post by Andy MR2 Bennett »

All I think well it did on "what would jesus would drive" however on my post i made yesterday i got one notification and had 5 replys!???

so that helps you not alot :lol:

Ok well what if you could just make the private messages readable rather than every post...?
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Andy,

I think we should be able to do this. I'll have a chat to Esmond :)

Ben.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

All,

Right going to have a look at this in the next few days...so fingers crossed I will have it working soon. Only major issue is we need to strip the BBcode stuff out before sending.

Regards
Esmond
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Andy MR2 Bennett wrote:before when you got e mails you could read the post without looking at the sight.

can this be done again as i access my e mails via my phone and cant always get access to a computer!

Thanks

Andy,

Done...although I have not stripped the BBcode (smilies,bold,underline etc..) out of it.. So you will see stuff life [/quote:cb8767d05a] in mail. I will work on stripping these out but for now at least the request is 90% done. Sorry it took so long just mad busy at the moment.

Regards
Esmond

Return to “Club News and Announcements”