GAB Suspension - Any Good?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

James4130

GAB Suspension - Any Good?

Post by James4130 »

This is my first post so hello to everyone.

I am going to look at a MR2 Turbo that is for sale in the next few days, and it has been fitted with GAB multi-adjustable suspension.

Is this any good? I will be doing 99% road driving with maybe 1 track day a year (but probably none!), would this set-up be too hard for the road?
The roads aren't exaclty the smoothest round here and the last thing i want is a car that is going to get a bit unpredictable when you start going for it.

I would go and have a look at it, take it for a drive and decide for myself, but the car is a 3 1/2 hour drive from me so i thought i'd get peoples views first.

Any help very much appreciated.
MegatronUK

Re: GAB Suspension - Any Good?

Post by MegatronUK »

You don't mean GAZ, do you? They make some really good, affordable adjustable shocks.
nutter

Re: GAB Suspension - Any Good?

Post by nutter »

i have GAb suspension. It's rock hard. the adjustment for damping on the top doesn't seem to make any difference. I have 18's on my car and it makes the car skip all over the place. If you want a good track day car great. But for everyday use i think it's over the top.

thanks

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”