My first time on the track.

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Goldy

My first time on the track.

Post by Goldy »

Just got back from a "red letter day". Absolutely buzzing...

Went out to the three sisters race track for a "drive a ferrari" experience, however due to the fact that the car got blown up earlier in the week, I had opted to drive a porche 911 and a single seater racer! The bad weather subsided but the track was still very wet when I got there.

It was a bit difficult to get used to the track at first, as they put me straight into a 911 for my warmup laps!! Had a bit of hairy oversteer in it so I was taking it pretty easy. Next had a little go in an mg zr150 that was well nice, a little understeery but you could get every corner nailed perfectly. And then finally got to go in a single seater. For 120bhp car it was absolutely insane. There was so much grunt, and so little weight. That and my heavy right foot and a wet track meant a hell of a lot of spinning. It was absolutley awsome being so close to the road, if it had been dry you could have pushed it so much harder. I spun out about 3 times in total, which was probably bout average for most people driving that day. Its given me the taste of track driving, and I deffo wanna take the mr2 to elvington. I'm goin to book in the next week or so...

So anyways single seater racecar driving comes highly recomended!!! \:D/ and see u at elvington me thinks!!!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: My first time on the track.

Post by Lauren »

No exactly what you mean about a single seater. I tested a formula renault (180bhp) @ silverstone and i had to set fast times! Nothing can rival a single seater for sheer feel and agility.

So you were at 3 sisters? Did you meet Howard, who's one of the instructors? Reason i ask is because he works for bookatrack as do i. He's mentioned doing these days a few times.

Cool get booked!
Goldy

Re: My first time on the track.

Post by Goldy »

Lauren wrote:Did you meet Howard

I think I might have, he wasn't my mg instructor but he might have been the guy who took me out for a spin round the track. There was deffo an instructor called howard there.

Return to “Driving Experiences”