Derby Meet 3/4/05

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: Derby Meet 3/4/05

Post by Lauren »

Sorry Craig and Dale.

I thought you realised that it was unlikely i could make it as i never said i would be there. Had to help out with family business so needed to do that really.

One suggestion though. The last meet was really good, but i think having another meet so soon after (ie two weeks later) was a bit soon tbh.

Once a month would probably be your best bet. Particularly so if you can make it on a 'given' sunday of the month for example the second sunday of the month or something like that. That way people get into a rythm with it and you are more likely to get it going regular that way.

HTH
craig

Post by craig »

Hi Lauren,

Fair point but the fact that there were between 10-15 people with their names down for the meet suggested interest.

As I said before, if nobody put their name down then I wouldn't have wasted my time driving 180 mile round trip :roll:

Cheers

Craig
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

RedMR² wrote:Hi Lauren,

Fair point but the fact that there were between 10-15 people with their names down for the meet suggested interest.

As I said before, if nobody put their name down then I wouldn't have wasted my time driving 180 mile round trip :roll:

Cheers

Craig

Yep understand what you are saying, if you have that many people down to come then its obviously worth going ahead. I guess sometimes (for no good reason) this does happen. I've been to shows before and have been one of two cars there. Its frustrating but worth doing for when you do get the good turnouts. I'll try hard to make the next one.
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

Sorry I didn't show Craig, I decided to go to dragracing @ Shakespeare County Raceway in Stafford early with the intention of getting to the Derby meet around 1ish, but I couldnt resist another run before I left & as I was in the queue near the front a junior dragster came off his bike at the finish line & held things up for quite a while. By the time it was clear I didn't get home until 3.45 so I didn't think there would be anyone still there.
Sorry mate, but you know I am usually reliable.
#-o
Brook.
craig

Post by craig »

ok cheers Brook :wink:
shafster

Post by shafster »

next time we will tie it in with the bubble inn meet mate, so that way if no one else shows we can go and mingle with loads of other jap motors :D

dont fret it dude, next one will be a good un..... i promise :)
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

Again I was sorry about not being there, I tried to post early enough, but I think it was too late. Sorry, but my dad wanted me to come to the airport to met my mum who'd just come in for Auzz land :)
craig

Post by craig »

shafster wrote:next time we will tie it in with the bubble inn meet mate, so that way if no one else shows we can go and mingle with loads of other jap motors :D

dont fret it dude, next one will be a good un..... i promise :)

Yeah good idea mate! =D>
craig

Post by craig »

axisofunity wrote:Again I was sorry about not being there, I tried to post early enough, but I think it was too late. Sorry, but my dad wanted me to come to the airport to met my mum who'd just come in for Auzz land :)

No worries.... 8-[
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Hi Craig, i cant appologise enough for not letting you know i couldnt make, i was called into work on thec Sat night for the sunday at the hotel. i dont have the internet at home or your contact number (i now do) and couldnt get chance to use it at work due to the managers being on. i recieved your message at about 8 at the end of shift mate !!!! Really sorry. :?
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
craig

Post by craig »

Ok Mike cheers :wink:
Shandy

Post by Shandy »

RedMR² wrote:
dabcabc wrote:I'll definately be along for the next one, was driving back from Gloucestershire today, didn't get to Derby till about 3pm. Did Andy show you his afterburners then?

Yeah mate, massive flames! =D>

Cheers for the video Dale
craig

Post by craig »

:thumright:
shafster

Post by shafster »

:shock:

whats going on there then?? :?
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Shandy wrote:
RedMR² wrote:
dabcabc wrote:I'll definately be along for the next one, was driving back from Gloucestershire today, didn't get to Derby till about 3pm. Did Andy show you his afterburners then?

Yeah mate, massive flames! =D>

Cheers for the video Dale

that is simply awesome! definately gunna try it! =D> =P~

Return to “Past Events”