which brake pads?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

steve

which brake pads?

Post by steve »

i'm gonna be changing my front & back disks & pads in the new year.

i'll be getting the disks from brakes international. not bothered about drilled or grooved disks as i've had them before & they always warped easier than solid disks for me.

i was planning on getting green stuff, as i've used them before and they were pretty good on my last car. they only make for the front of the 2 though...

what pads would you recommend?

thanks

Steve
Stu Wilson

Re: which brake pads?

Post by Stu Wilson »

Put in pagid fast road pads allround on mine .Got them from fensport.Replaced discs at same time from Brakes International.Result---happiness. :D
paul_h

Post by paul_h »

steve,

depends what your after and how much you want to pay ,alot serious street / track drivers recomend the porterfield pads. they arnt cheap at around £130 a set I think but are highly regarded.

I have used the greenstuff pads and would say they are ok but found stcok toyota (not local car shop) pads to be equally as good if not slightly better.

paul
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

I'm not a particularly heavy breaker so they've lasted really well, but i've got the pagids from fensport too and have found no fault with them. The first couple of presses on a cold morning can be dodgy before they've got some heat in them but after that - very good.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
steve

Post by steve »

thanks for the advise people, i think i'll go with the pagid one's from fensport front & back.

almost 100% fast road - i might do a track day next year though :)

Steve
pizza boy

Post by pizza boy »

Ive always found the stock pads to be best as im a city driver mainly. I cant be ar$ed with warmin them up as you have to with greenstuffs etc..can all make the difference in a possible crash scenario.
If you travel on backroads etc a lot then they are deffo better than MrTs but Ive had pagids and greenstuff and they are not as good as stock uns if you mainly drive about toodlin at 30-40mph..theyll take ages to get up to thier working temp.

Return to “Mechanical”