Central Locking

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Billyboy1978

Central Locking

Post by Billyboy1978 »

The central locking on my car only works from the Pass side on the drivers side it locks both doors but only opens the drivers door!
Anyone ideas where to start looking?? I need to get this done to sell the car!!!

Cheers
Oscar_Whild

Re: Central Locking

Post by Oscar_Whild »

I had the same problem a few years ago. My problem was solved by replacing a very small black rubber pad inside the passenger door mechanism. The pad had split and was not providing the right pressure on the arm to release the lock. This was a few years ago and my repair (not replacement) has stopped working again now :oops:
I am going to sort it again soon. If you have had no joy with yours, I might be able to take pictures to help.
Oscar.
Rickx

Post by Rickx »

I have basically the same problem.

Driver side UNLOCKS both doors, but then only Locks itself. Passenger side unlocks and locks both. Very annoying, any got a perminant fox on this?
magic_alex

Post by magic_alex »

i got exactly the same problem only had '92 n/a a week and only discovered yesterday that its been unlocked on the passenger side since the day i got it home. really infuriating can somebody please post a solution if they have one.

will fitting remote central locking solve it, i hate not having a fob to unlock the doors!

yeah im lazy big deal :)
Valentino MR2

Post by Valentino MR2 »

I had a similar problem with my old 2
I replaced the central locking sensor thingy that attaches to the back of the lock as one of the clips had broke so it was only locking and not unlocking.

Take the door card off and have a look at the back of the lock and you should see the plastic thing with two wires coming from it, take it off and manually test it by turning the sensor with your finger
Hope this solves the problem

Return to “Electrical”