value of my car - 91 J-reg n/a mk2

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

glilley

value of my car - 91 J-reg n/a mk2

Post by glilley »

hello there, can i ask for opinions please to help value my car.

it is a 1991 J reg car with 80,000 miles and full service history (90% toyota dealer) and full mot.

i know that the car has the economical engine, but i am not 100% of the exact spec.

does any one have an idea of the value, i have been told that it is worth oly £750 - but looking at autotrader i think that it is maybe worth £1500. cold anyone please help me out with an opinion?
The TVIS Kid

Re: value of my car - 91 J-reg n/a mk2

Post by The TVIS Kid »

If its got the cak bag 120bhp engine (if thats what you mean by more economical) 3sfe i think then its prob only worth 800 to 1000. If its the 158bhp engine (can't remember the code) then probably around 1500 if the body work is good.

Ultimatley its only worth what people are willing to pay and this is the worst time to sell coming up to crimbo.
waelwulfas

Post by waelwulfas »

Sell away from the MR2 community with an FE, look for around 1500, FEs are on traders' forecourts round my way for 1995. Despite the enthusiasts' dislikes what you're selling is a good looking reliable runabout, perfectly happy with long hauls and good economy.
si2040

Post by si2040 »

On ebay they will sell for pennies as its a buyers market. I would suggest that if you have the 3sfe engine in it then it would be less than the 3sge engine due to bhp. On the price side you should be able to get £1500-1750 depending on the full condition of it. 1990 cars still sell for about £1750.00 if they have been very well looked after.
JAP BOY

Post by JAP BOY »

Hello mate about 2 years ago i bought my MK2 UK Mr2 1991 H plate for £4500 and i think it was worth every penny as it only had two owners full toyota service history and low milage and i'm sure if you hold out long enough you might get some one who'll pay what you think its worth!
Regardless of what year and spec mate only you can decide how much the car is worth your veiw might not be shared by others though mate.
Alot might say the turbos are worth alot more but in the end when you think of engine life expectence its not a sound investment also consider running cost against that of a N/A it will never be up there with the tubbys But it depends what who ever is buying the car wants it for if its for tuning they'll choose a tubby for some one who loves the shape but dont want high running cost they'll choose the N/A.
glilley

Post by glilley »

thanks for the replys guys, advice is appreciated as i plan to put it on trader for 1500 and im guessing that this about right.

i underastand why it is looked down on by most people on here, but my missus has been more than happy with the car as it looks good, drives well and is reliable and fairly cheap to run - if i had spent £££ on a turbo for her she would never have used any of the extra power. to put it in context, most of her freinds spent more money on ka's and clio's - comparitvly the eco mr2 is a good car imho.

Return to “MR2s for Sale”