TOTB3 DVD - again

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bender Unit

TOTB3 DVD - again

Post by Bender Unit »

Oh my god! I watched the TOTB3 DVD last night.

4 words ….

Amateur hour or what!?

What a shocking piece of filming, editing and commentary. It was laughable that they can even charge money for it! I got it free and I was pi$$ed off with what I got! I would be annoyed if I had paid £15 or what ever it costs!

Points that infuriated me:

For some reason the DVD was shot in a screen format that was wider than my TV or DVD player could handle and I lost the ends of the screen, also meaning I had to take a wild stab at what I was selecting on screen.

Very good that they split the ¼ mile down to the car clubs, thing is why couldn’t they keep the camera focused on the car they were supposed to film?

Why did we only see the handling shoot out for the 4wd cars? Did they switch the camera off by accident on the other shoot outs? Why can’t we watch the other circuit driving which is considerably more interesting to watch?

Dan Joyce – Why? What a willy he is, about as funny as a terminal illness. If he had asked me for some of my nitrous I would have happily obliged and emptied the cylinder at full tap in his face, then smashed him around the head with it. Also what a gay, he was getting light headed after having what looked like a very small jet size of nitrous being fired in his direction. I have breathed in a boot full of the stuff when I have emptied my lines and I never even got light headed.

No thought or effort went into that DVD – pile of p1$$!

Rant over! :D
stevecordiner

Re: TOTB3 DVD - again

Post by stevecordiner »

Satisfied customer :D

They changed the format this year to concentrate on the top tend cars. Sadly that meant a load of Evo's, the CRD supra and a couple of skylines.

They are passing on all the footage of the day to the TV people, so when its shown on tele hopefully they might have some footage of more cars.

Got the impression they filmed each 1/4 mile run which meant they would be bound to follow the fastest car down it. Lol ... there was one ford that for his run wasnt seen ... haha ... the camera stops at the end of the 1/4 for about 3 seconds waiting for him to cross the line
Small turbos - they're not big and they're not clever!

Just say NO to small turbos!
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Hi Steve CARDINER :wink: :D :roll:

Better get somone to tape sky when its on then :D
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

Lol .. I know ....

So according to Japanese performance I'm called Simon Cordiner and this lot call me Steve Cardiner

:roll:
Small turbos - they're not big and they're not clever!

Just say NO to small turbos!
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

BENDER UNIT
Is this a Bristol thang James??
Or is your toe just sticking out the closet???? :oops:
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

lol what are you trying to say Andy :D I'll claw your eyes out b1tch :wink: :lol:

I guess you havent seen Futurama? I suppose its a big young for an old timer like you :wink: :lol: lol

This is Bender Unit ....

http://tfp.killbots.com/?p=bios/bender

Being a bit sad, my sign on names are usually cartoon charaters (shows my mental age) Hence Bullwinkle (Rocky and Bullwinkle) and Bender Unit - (Futurama being a personal favourite of mine)

Ok, after reading the above I seem quite sad .....

Back in my box ... :P
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

I fell right into that one :roll:
Never got on with it, a bit too much like the simpsons with her out of married with children.
Got ya pistons in yet mate???
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Hi Mate,

Hoping to get the block rebuilt this crimbo as I have a few days off, or at least get as much as i can done. Got alot of photo's which I have been meaning to post on my website. Things are coming together. Got all the tools to do the build so it should be an easy run (fingers crossed)

Hope you and Krista have a really good cristmas! How long until the baby arrives?

Cheers

James
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

Thats good news, keep busy
Only 3 months :shock:
No names yet, may call it "Bender unit"
Happy Christmas to you and JO :wink:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”