MK1a Aerial (roof mounted) where does the drain tube go?

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lauren
IMOC Committee

MK1a Aerial (roof mounted) where does the drain tube go?

Post by Lauren »

Right i'm putting a new aerial in.

The old one snapped off and looked non-standard. The sleeve/drain tube has remained in the a-pillar. I am having a lot of hassle trying to get a grip on it to pull it out. What i would like to know is any tips with doing this, but more importantly does the new aerial drain tube end up in the inner wing by the kick panel as it seems very long?

Am guessing its ends up where the roof drain does.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: MK1a Aerial (roof mounted) where does the drain tube go?

Post by Lauren »

Yep i was right.

All sorted. The drain tube goes right down to the bottom of the inner wing down by the drivers side kick panel to the right of the accelerator.

Getting the old drain tube out was a total PITA due to it being bodged to hell by whoever had done it before. There was a non-original aerial in there, which had snapped off. Had 4 hours of joy trying to get the old aerial sleeve/drain tube out of the a-pillar as i couldn't grab it from the top. Much fun was had with screwdrivers wedged against it inside the a-pilar and eventually it came out. Why people bodge things like this i do not know. I reckon if i was just replacing a broken mast i could have done it in half an hour.

New aerial works much better and it should have now cured the water getting in through the roof and dripping on my leg!

Sorted! :)
vashy

Post by vashy »

Lauren we all know you're the most helpful lass on here but answering yourself is just cheating!! (; (;
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

vashy wrote:Lauren we all know you're the most helpful lass on here but answering yourself is just cheating!! (; (;

GLOL, well after a few hours i figured it out, so thought i might as well post it!

Return to “Electrical”