Should I bite the bullet?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rich

Should I bite the bullet?

Post by Rich »

Right, my '2 has died alot lately. First the big ends went while doing over 100mph on the motorway and I didnt notice till I felt lack of power when I tried booting it. The huge water leak from thermostat housing area on the new lump. Should I bite the bullet and just go for a nice turbo lump or should I see if the water leak is a simple fix job?

How much is a turbo conversion? How long does it take? Will I really benifit from it or will I plough it through a tree in the first 2 weeks? And bear in mind I'll be 25 with 6yrs no claims. 1 claim made for non fault accident. 3 convictions in the past 5 yrs (ts10, sp30, cu20) and the bodywork mods increased the premium by £45 a month so a turbo in there could be expensive.
JJ

Re: Should I bite the bullet?

Post by JJ »

The huge water leak from thermostat housing area on the new lump. Should I bite the bullet and just go for a nice turbo lump or should I see if the water leak is a simple fix job?

You've got a water leak remember, your engine hasn't been destroyed !
Just fix it and it'll be fine.

Turbo conversion !! Well I can supply everything to your door for £1600 + exahaust ( customer choice ! ) if you want to go down that route, I have a complete clip from a Rev 1 with 40k miles on it looking for a good home. Excellent engine and gearbox, compression tested, no oil leaks or water leaks !!

Don't want to be a bad influence or anything !! :wink:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Hedgehog Dodger

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

JJ wrote:
The huge water leak from thermostat housing area on the new lump. Should I bite the bullet and just go for a nice turbo lump or should I see if the water leak is a simple fix job?

You've got a water leak remember, your engine hasn't been destroyed !
Just fix it and it'll be fine.

Turbo conversion !! Well I can supply everything to your door for £1600 + exahaust ( customer choice ! ) if you want to go down that route, I have a complete clip from a Rev 1 with 40k miles on it looking for a good home. Excellent engine and gearbox, compression tested, no oil leaks or water leaks !!

Don't want to be a bad influence or anything !! :wink:

Good plug :wink:
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

No this is a good plug

:lol:
gtschris.com

Post by gtschris.com »

"Will I really benifit from it ................." yup you'll never look back! how many owners ever upgrade to turbo then drop back down to NA power?

If you dont fancy the conversion work i'll take your motor part exchange against a nice rev3 t-bar GT (never raced or rallied one carefull owner used to just use it to drive his mother to church and back on a sunday)

Pic...
www.gtschris.com
tel: 01670 737080
mob: 07786070103
Waldo Dobbs

Post by Waldo Dobbs »

gtschris.com wrote:(never raced or rallied one carefull owner used to just use it to drive his mother to church and back on a sunday)

Must be true, you can see the church in the background... :wink:
gtschris.com

Post by gtschris.com »

Waldo Dobbs wrote:
gtschris.com wrote:(never raced or rallied one carefull owner used to just use it to drive his mother to church and back on a sunday)

Must be true, you can see the church in the background... :wink:

the cars just parked up, all that smoke come out a manhole cover
www.gtschris.com
tel: 01670 737080
mob: 07786070103

Return to “Mechanical”