Alarm/ Turbo Timer problem

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

OKI

Alarm/ Turbo Timer problem

Post by OKI »

Hi all,

Ive heard the many posts regarding not being able to fit a Turbo Timer when you have an alarm.

I now have this problem. I think i have two alarms, One is a remote and contols the locking of the doors and turns the alram on. The other is the imobilizer which i have to wave infront of a sensor to turn it off. (Hope that made sense)

I figured its the imobilzer that creates the problem for the Turbo Timer, so i asked the mechanic to disconnect it but to leave it so i could still lock and unlock the doors with the remote.

He tried but failed and now my remote doesnt lock the doors. It still beeps and turns the alarm on but doesnt lock.

Any ideas of how i can solve this problem. As i said before Im not bothered about having an alarm (As cyprus is still crime free).

Cheers all,
Oki
disco stu k

Re: Alarm/ Turbo Timer problem

Post by disco stu k »

Apart from the Russian Mafia! :lol:
Chris

Re: Alarm/ Turbo Timer problem

Post by Chris »

Your imobiliser should not arm until timer is finished. ( The one you wave sensor at.) Your other alarm may have another imobiliser. This will arm as soon as you press button to lock door. This is the same prob I had. What I had to do was disconnect the imobiliser from the alarm. Mine had a wire to the fuel pump relay. Once this was disconnected all was well. I also had to disconnect the ignition feed to the alarm to stop it from sounding when the engine stopped after timer ended.
OKI

Alarm/Turbo Timer

Post by OKI »

Cheers for the help.

I'll keep it in mind when i hit the electrian.

Return to “ICE and Security”