Planning to race in the MR2 Challenge 2006..

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Dave Goodhand

Re: Planning to race in the MR2 Challenge 2006..

Post by Dave Goodhand »

Cool, cheers - will get on the phone 2mo then :)

Yeah I do drive a Mk2.. but saw there's only 1 entered to race in it. Don't mind what car I race to be honest.. if it has an engine I'm there!
racing23mr2

Post by racing23mr2 »

Squizz wrote:Formula Woman, you're all at it! :shock:

Where's formula "Old-Speccy-Ginger-Bloke" when ya need it?! ](*,)

3" FIA approved harnesses? Hmmm...
1) That's going to mean we can't use our old ones.
2) More expense.
3) I imagine we won't be able to get normal seat belt clasp fixings which will be E-marked for road use?

We were hoping to keep the car insured and taxed and legal for occasional use on the road. Do the rollcages allow the use of the original seatbelts?

Plumbed in extinguisher? D'oh...

Once again, that's going to mean more thought on a road legal car. With a hend held extinguisher and an external battery switch you could still securely park the car and remove the battery switch. From here on in, some feckers likely to pull the extinguisher handle and douse the car in foam/powder. Have to figure out how to connect/disconnect the thing safely for the road. :-k

Steve sent us last year's regs. I'd best ask for a copy of the new ones! 8-[
AS FOR THE EXTINGUISHER WHY NOT JUST DISCONNECT THE CABLE WHEN NOT RACING????? AND THE ROLL CAGES CAN BE A BIT TIGHT FOR ROAD BELTS BUT IT IS DO ABLE WITH THAUGHT! BUT YOU DO NEED THESE BELTS 3INCH SO JUST USE THEM FOR THE ROAD AS WELL!!!! BIG QUESTION IS IF IT IS BEING USED ON THE ROAD ARE YOU GOING TO PUSH IT ON THE TRACK, IN 05 WE HAD TWO DRIVERS WITH ROAD CARS DOUBLING AS RACE CARS AND IT PROOVED A BAD IDEA FOR MORE THAN THE OBVIOUSE REASONS.
racing23mr2

Post by racing23mr2 »

Dave Goodhand wrote:Cool, cheers - will get on the phone 2mo then :)

Yeah I do drive a Mk2.. but saw there's only 1 entered to race in it. Don't mind what car I race to be honest.. if it has an engine I'm there!

BUT FOR NEXT YEAR I KNOW OF FOUR MK2`S AND POSSIBLY TWO MORE GASSING THEY ARE GOING TO DO IT SO FAR.george taylor this years no 2 will be in a mk2 next year and ROGUE have 2 cars plus kevin poole was getting a mk2 ready earlier this year.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

racing23mr2 wrote:... and ROGUE have 2 cars ...

Actually, we currently have four mk2 race cars:

Race Car 1: This was my race car for 2005. A '95 G-Limited hardtop in black. To the best of my knowledge it just needs new tyre to be ready for racing next year. (2005 Invitation Class Winner :wink:)

Race Car 2: Another '95 G-Limited hardtop in black, this car was raced for us by Paul Port at both Cadwell Park and Snetterton. This will have a fully plumbed fire extinguisher installed, as well as new tyres when the specs are announced. FOR SALE!

Race Car 3: Originally a red '92 hardtop turbo, this MR2 has been fitted with a low mileage normally aspirated engine from a '92 G-Limited. Once completed, it's age related specification will make it the cheapest of our race cars. FOR SALE!

Race Car 4: Originally a black '92 hardtop turbo, this MR2 has been fitted with a low mileage normally aspirated engine from a '99 GT. Currently being built it's likely to be the next race car completed and may well be tested on a local circuit before the year is out. FOR SALE!

All cars will come fully serviced and fitted with uprated air filters, spark plugs, exhausts and suspension along with the usual race prep of roll cage, Recaro seat, Sparco Harness, stripped interior etc... Supplied ready to race!

Best regards,

Patrick Mortell
Rogue Systems Limited
01676 530222
Squizz

Post by Squizz »

](*,)

Just bloody typical... [-(

Having just this week bought our car, I came home on Thursday night to discover my wife had been made redundant! :shock:

This means that currently we hope to be racing next year, but would be foolish to commit ourselves for fiscal reasons. So until her redundancy terms are sorted out she can't look for a new job, and until she starts her new job we can't start spending money on the car preparation etc. :(

At least I got to chat to Stuart Kynoch on the MR2 Club at the NEC Classic Show on Saturday.

Cheers,
Squizz.
:oops:
anna

Post by anna »

doh! #-o

All the best laid plans eh :(

Hope it all works out ok!
Squizz

Post by Squizz »

anna wrote:doh! #-o

All the best laid plans eh :(

Hope it all works out ok!

Cheers. :|

It's a lovely car. We're going to leave it standard until we know more. I can hopefully generate the cash required for the MR2 preparation by selling of the tunning goodies for the 200SX.

We've got some small scale sponsors. I guess I could just try harder with those and try to get some more too. :?
Squizz

Post by Squizz »

We've received the 2006 Regs from Steve Vince, and Karen's MSA Starter Pack. 8)

So this weekend is going to be spent organising the paperwork and then she needs to see her doc for a certificate and we can book her ARDS Test. :?

Depending on other things, we then hope to book a grid slot with Steve... :shock:

Anyone planning to enter the modified class??
Squizz

Post by Squizz »

In case anyone's interested, Karen's website (1st phase) is up and running. :D

Check out her progress and that of the car on : www.karenphillips.co.uk

\:D/
philster_d

Post by philster_d »

Hurry up and allow MK3's :P

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”