www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [NA] Remote start help

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElvisRockVinyl

Feedback Score: 0

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [NA] Remote start help Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hey folks

Need some help, my aftermarket alarm on my 2 has a remote start feature at the moment I've just wired it to unlock and lock car etc but would like to get the remote start up and running,

I've worked out 99% of the wiring but my alarm has a wire labled "check engine" which in the alarm book refers to "check to see if engine has started" and goes on to say can be connected to tacho, oil light or alternator, I thought I would look at the tach first, is the tach the black wire in the engine bay fuse box and the IG- on the grey diagnostic port as they both seem to be linked together when I do a continuity test?

They both seem to read 12v with ignition on and the same when engine started, I would of thought a tach line would read no volts when ignition on but 12v etc when running?, if the alarm sees a 12v at ignition on from the tach then surely it would assume the engines already started and not even fire the starter?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: