Noble M12 GTO-3R...

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nathan.z

Re: Noble M12 GTO-3R...

Post by nathan.z »

How does it compare to the Mr2? On another level? I'm always on the eye out for what could be my next car as it has been 6years with mine. Always trying to justify cost vs fun in an upgrade. Does a Turbo mr2 still scratch that itch?
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

nathan.z wrote:How does it compare to the Mr2? On another level? I'm always on the eye out for what could be my next car as it has been 6years with mine. Always trying to justify cost vs fun in an upgrade. Does a Turbo mr2 still scratch that itch?

Similar, but different in a number of ways. The Noble does feel lighter and with the engine's centre of gravity lower, you never feel like the back end will step out as easily (or snap oversteer) like the mr2's when transferring weight.
There is no lag with it either, lots of torque and i can happily poodle along in 6th gear at 30mph too.

What it doesnt have is a slick shifter feel like the mr2, the additional lag with my TD06 turbo means the mr2 feels more brutal in the first 2 gears also (although numbers may tell a different story).

Cost VS fun, theres no doubt this gets more attention than the mr2, which is not something i thought id enjoy, but theres only ever love for them. Up to legal speeds theres not much in it performance wise, but the theatre of it is a whole new experience (ive always owned Jap cars).

I still have the MR2 btw, but with a pending house move now and just had a baby, the MR2 may well turn into a full time commuter or i'll have to sell it which will be a shame, ive put 100s of hours into that car. :? :shock:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

aw so nice Jim. I've always loved these. It always reminded me of what a a mk3 mr2 should have looked like. Keeping the buttresses etc. Very swish mate, Enjoy :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”