[Mk2] [Turbo] Best bodykit for increasing downforce?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Jayridium

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Best bodykit for increasing downforce?

Post by Jayridium »

Its good to see someone still being so enthusiastic about enhancing their mr2:thumleft:

Border bonnet, bomex front bumper, and the vented front wings (carbenfibrecreations?) would be my recommendations, as well as smooth ally undertray and I've seen on eBay some carbon rear diffusers. But having said that I'm not sure how much actual downforce these parts would make as opposed to being a placebo, whereby in theory they should do this ergo we perceive them doing that?
BALDYMONSTER

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

Jayridium wrote:Its good to see someone still being so enthusiastic about enhancing their mr2:thumleft:

Border bonnet, bomex front bumper, and the vented front wings (carbenfibrecreations?) would be my recommendations, as well as smooth ally undertray and I've seen on eBay some carbon rear diffusers. But having said that I'm not sure how much actual downforce these parts would make as opposed to being a placebo, whereby in theory they should do this ergo we perceive them doing that?

Thanks.
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

I was reminded of this thread after loading up pistonheads for the first time in an age...

Here ya go, go custom:

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-jap ... -car/40064

:mrgreen:
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
BALDYMONSTER

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

That's perfect mate, I'm looking to keep the car restrained and low key.

Return to “Modifications”