Interior standard?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

rossonza
Premium Member

Interior standard?

Post by rossonza »

I've watched a few YouTube videos where the car being reviewed/used is a gt model the same as mine. However they've all had leather door cards/seats.

Should my 93 JDM turbo have leather interior? Also the clocks show 110mph top speed. I've seen most people have 160mph clocks is that correct.

Thanks
Ross.[/list]
Odin_S

Re: Interior standard?

Post by Odin_S »

GT-S usually have cloths seats
GT have half leather and alcanta

Full leather was only an option on UK and US cars.
From my experience, Japanese people don't see leather as a premium as other parts of the world (could be changing now) See the most expensive luxury Toyota car the Century.

Luckily changing seats in a SW20 is very easy, just for 4 bolts. I changed my seats ages ago to leather in my GT-S.

Just keep an eye out on eBay and gumtree for leather seats. :thumleft:
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

160mph clocks are what the UK cars came with. The std clocks are 180kmh so the easy thing to do is change the speedo face to mph, mine are 110mph clocks.

Best thing about them is that if you wind it past 110mph (on track obvs) the needle hits the bottom of the cluster.
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

Thanks guys. If its still a possibility of an option change. Would my vin show if it came half leather?
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

I don't think Japanese car are do the options in the vin number like Germany cars at least not in this era

I'd say almost all GT-S came with cloth, the only thing that may have been an option but was standard on the GT was retractable mirrors.

Used parts used to be plentiful before i.e. good leather seat would come up at lot on ebay. Now not so much.

Keep an eye out for UK cars being broken and of course the others i stated before.
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

I think some of the vin does tell you what spec the car is, but I think it's mostly drive train. I vaugely remember someone saying you can tell if the car has an lsd or not by it, but don't quote me on that.
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

Race Idiot wrote:I think some of the vin does tell you what spec the car is, but I think it's mostly drive train. I vaugely remember someone saying you can tell if the car has an lsd or not by it, but don't quote me on that.

Yes I remember confirming my car had an lsd using the vin.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Trim codes on the ID plate will tell you what the original spec was, assuming you can find out what those trim codes actually mean.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”