Shane's rev 5 turbo,mapped 569 BHP, For Sale

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

shane34
Premium Member

Re: Shane's rev 5 turbo,mapped 569 BHP, For Sale

Post by shane34 »

Don't think it will be.

Expecting to just break 500, 12 degrees advanced ignition with meth, manifold egt at 750. Very safe.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Awesome bud! Get some vids up asap!!
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

Well it's drives fantastic, made 392 bhp @6500 rpm. Which will be 2 bar

Sadly the ECU log didn't save so I have no real info on what was going on. It definitely does not drive like 390.
Last edited by shane34 on Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

At what boost did you make that figure??
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

shane34 wrote:Well it's drives fantastic, made 392 bhp @6500 rpm. Which will be 2 bar

Sadly the ECU log didn't save so I have no real info on what was going on. It definitely does not drive like 390.

Is that at the wheels? Why did you only go to 6500? Still another 1k revs left in that.
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

Honestly room was hot car was hot, just don't think this was the right situation.
No not at the wheels.

Revs to 8000

However I will arrange something soon to try again. I'm 70 bhp down compared to my old set up, at 5250 rpm. Which only made 365bhp.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Any issues with the exhaust set up? High AIT's could be a culprit. I'm surprised it needs 2 bar to make 392bhp!

it is about how it drives rather than the power figure though bud. :thumleft:
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

Yeah this may have been the issue will find out soon enough.

so checking the logs last night, seem to have some voltage issues, was 13.6/14.1 for most of the time. but mid way through the pull it dropped to 12.3volts for a spilt second then went up to 15 within half a second.

the air intake temps are something that i will need to improve on, currently this set up does not have the engine fans running or the intercooler fans all the time which help massively,

temps im seeing 12 degrees outside, on boost with meth i see 25 degree peak 3rd gear pull. drops down to 20 after almost instantly. normal was running was 8 degrees above ambient but this was starting and stopping,

without meth im seeing temps up to 32, however the temps before the run were at 26 so only a 6 degree increase due to boost.

i will find out today how to activate my fans to come on at 85 degrees coolant temp rather than 95 this is how it was set up on the map. Before i always had the fans on and the engine fans switched by a control in the cabin.

using it as a daily this week as my defender was stolen, started on the button, and had no issues.

i think i will refresh the alternator and get a proper battery. mine lasted 10 mins with the ignition on before there wasnt enough to start the car,
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

Ryan S wrote:Any issues with the exhaust set up? High AIT's could be a culprit. I'm surprised it needs 2 bar to make 392bhp!

it is about how it drives rather than the power figure though bud. :thumleft:

for sure it drives amazing, but i have no reference to what this car should feel like when running at the spec it has, so the dyno result would show me roughly where the car is at, i dont have the chance to go to the drag strip even if i did i probably not do well being my 1st attempt. surrey rolling road has always been very accurate, people even use it for filming, if the car made 490 bhp at surrey this weekend i would not go out of my way to find that 10 bhp, that is not the aim.

I am actually thinking the dyno pull would have been at 1.6 bar because of the intake temps.it was 16 degrees outside.

lets see how the week pans out.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I think if you want to keep your exhaust setup bud you should fit a chargecooler. Andy Watson was seeing ambient temps for his whole dyno session with his setup. I actually dirched my smaller CC core in favour of one the same size as his.
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

So sorted the cooling a bit.

394 at the wheels. 1.6 bar no meth. 480bhp.

The meth map that goes to 2 bar doesn't make more power but makes it a lot sooner, however once this map is perfected I should see a nice increase.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

shane34 wrote:So sorted the cooling a bit.

The meth map that goes to 2 bar doesn't make more power but makes it a lot sooner, however once this map is perfected I should see a nice increase.

This is the exact figure i'm shooting for mate, That's a much better number! What did you do to improve the cooling?
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

shane34 wrote:So sorted the cooling a bit.

that seems more like it.

What power did it make on the old set up on the motec?
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

The old set up had a few issues. I believe the exhaust cam was a tooth out. Ignition was refreshed so generally it was sub 400. It still pulled hard on a 380 f type.

So new parts ordered and here
Bosch Porsche e throttle adapter and control.

Things to do

Potentially will be making a dual intake plenum, different center section for my exhaust
1050 dynamic injectors
Maybe new turbo.
Remapping

Just had a mot no issues

So this week this happened. Now own a supra in the process of finding a child seat to suit so the 3 of us can go out together. Absolutely love it. 25 years old and feels so good. Twin turbo auto. stock other than suspension wheels and exhaust. Dry miles only so it's immaculate. Was part of a car collection so done 1500km in the last 10 years. Can't believe how nice the auto was to drive, from Wigan to fensport then to Kent.

craig

Post by craig »

Stunning mate, enjoy!
Draven

Post by Draven »

wow just wow. nice work
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

So the Supra had its 1st weekend family outings. child seat fitting perfectly, missus not so. need a shorter girlfriend, having never really had a large displacement engine the foot to the floor with the Auto box is rather addictive. it just shifts.

So the Mr2
I noticed a slight decline in smoothness over the few weeks, normal driving, after a few discussion with a few people and looking at the logs( no errors) there was a slight increase in over fuelling when changing gear. potentially Injectors letting by when closed.

So a decision was made to go with some new injectors, ID Dynamics 1050, i believe i needed a New fuel rail to suit the new injector lengths, so ordered a Racer X fuel rail. this is due out this week, might just arrive before the weekend.

So i decided to remove a few bits which then turned into the exhaust, Exhaust manifold, Turbo, Inlet manifold, Intercooler, Fuel Rail. EGT sensors.

So now im back a semi blank canvas.

new Exhaust manifold studs OEM to be fitted.

Inspected the turbo, Couldn't see any issues no oil no wobbly wheels, blades are all un marked. Was probably 5 years ago this was last off, maybe more.

So my plan will be to fabricate a new inlet plenum, maybe dual plenum type. New intercooler pipework to suit. I have also planned to go Electronic throttle using the bosch porche turbo throttle body, 74mm intake. new accelerator pedal to suit.

found an oil leak near the distributor and oil had got onto the plug, on closer inspecting 2 of the wires had copper showing, maybe this was my issue with less smooth general driving.

Next on the list was to improve the TTE WRC corrla manifold, currently the external waste gate has been bored right through the 4 way divider, i believe these are all like this. so the plan will be to machine out the internal remains of the 4 way and make a billet type flange inset to convert this to a twin scroll effect, hopefully improve the flow or remove back flow, i will merge cylinder 1&4 2&3 collecting together. this will be a bit of work, will need to reserch which type of materials to use( may not even be possible yet) the EGT im seeing are 750 peak at the manifold on the gt35.82.

So with the turbo off, its made me think about other turbos. Initially a few people have mentioned the BW EFR range, new wheel design and amazing spool, slight risk of over speeding, so a speed sensor would be a must. the price seemed quite high. so after a bit of research ive decided to go with G25-660 .92 AR. with a speed sensor as the machined port is just a plug in and play which i love. The G series wheel has been lightened with material taken out of the rear of the blades, also made from MAR-M rated to 1050 cc.(good enough for some anti lag maybe),

There is not huge amounts of data out there, but its supposedly an improvement up from the gtx, The only down side is the fact these are not twin scroll but Vband great for installation but im sure a Vband/Twin scroll would also be a further increase in spool.

May potential boost target should around the 4k RPM vs the gt35 at 5k for 2 bar not sure on BHP but they are close in terms of actual flow. hope to have this back on the road by the end of next month. will be interesting to see on a mr2. Fensport will end up mapping this again, i also been told they have this Turbo on there gt86 sprint car, not been able to get and dyno figures for this, but must be a decent spooling turbo if there involved in sprint.
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

craig wrote:Stunning mate, enjoy!

the camera doesn't do it justice. thanks mate
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

Draven wrote:wow just wow. nice work

not quite the 5 door Evo,Forester STI i almost ended up getting involved with. even put a deposit on a forester but decided against it.
Draven

Post by Draven »

I've always wanted a Supra myself. But i'd want a manual and they are so rare and expensive.

Return to “Member Profiles”