[Mk2] [NA] Rear luggage boot light.

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR22

[Mk2] [NA] Rear luggage boot light.

Post by MR22 »

I have a 92 Rev2 UK N/A non ABS

Can somebody tell me which fuse protects the circuit for the interior rear boot light? I imagine it is inside the Driver's kicker fuse box but it is not identified on the cover and being in a very narrow garage I cannot open the door wide enough to lay down to see. Other electrical items apart from the boot light seem to work. The bulb works out of the holder too. It would be a massive single handed effort to extract the car from the garage so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks if you can advise.
Pauln

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Rear luggage boot light.

Post by Pauln »

I believe this comes off the dome light circuit that is used for all the interior lights, and door open etc. So unless everything else has stopped working as well, I doubt if it's the fuse. The dome fuse should be in the frunk fuse box.

The lamp holder in the boot is pretty flimsy, and I have had a few problems with poor contact there. The other possibility is poor contact in the light switch in the boot. As this just connects to ground (chassis) when the boot is opened, might be worth checking the switch is making a good contact with the chassis.

Paul

Return to “Electrical”