Wheel sizing advice needed.

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Xavier R3V

Wheel sizing advice needed.

Post by Xavier R3V »

Looking at picking up some alumi k, cw33, equip like wheels. I've seen a few up with various sizings. One set I've seen are 16s 8, 9 inch staggered. Recommended tire widths I've seen are 225, 245. Are there any fitment and rubbing issues with those sizes? Seller doesn't have any offset details.

Cheers all for your help. It's hard getting these in the right sizes. Seen several unstaggered sets and some staggered with odd offsets, these seem to fit fine based on photos but one has been welded and some are a little dented.
Rory

Re: Wheel sizing advice needed.

Post by Rory »

You need the offset details really. It makes a huge difference.
My MR2 for sale! Check out the for sale section
oVerboost

Post by oVerboost »

If you want minimal arch work, you'll want ET35 all round with a 8" front and a 9" rear.

18's aren't really the best size for the MR2, 17" is a better size, and better tyre prices as well. But that's personal taste, so if you do want 18's just try to find out the offsets (the ET figure) and widths of the wheels, and we can help you. :thumleft:
Xavier R3V

Post by Xavier R3V »

Yeh I know I really need that measurement. I passed on them in the end. They are 16s though not 18s.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”