www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
breaking 1995 rev gts caribbean blue :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2s Being Broken
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raptor95GTS
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: breaking 1995 rev gts caribbean blue :( Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

all, sad times but my rev3 turbo has been eaten by rust and is beyond economical repair so i'm breaking it up before it goes to the scrap heap. Cloth interior, pretty much unmarked though the drivers side floor mat is a bit tatty. I dont have any pics at the moment as they are on my other computer but have added some dyno vids, 220HP at the hubs 12psi and 242HP hubs at 15psi was the final result, not bad for a 172k mile motor! Car is located Edinburgh area and is being broken the now though it is still a runner as drivetrain / brakes still intact. Can post items but for anything big i'd prefer folks organise their own courier or can collect by arrangement. UK postage only unless you organise your own collection.

I'd like to sell the engine / gearbox complete for a swap but if someone wants the engine and someone else agrees to take the gearbox then fine i'll happily split

Dyno vids below

https://youtu.be/B255XVNqWcs

https://youtu.be/vypQwOh3Prg

Pic of dyno runs, 12 and 15psi. Touch of heat soak as couldn't really get enough cooling past the hub dyno. Still not too shabby!

Details:
2 owners in UK and owned by me since 2003.
Has been serviced reguarly but not a dealer history
Clutch is stock replacement, fitted 60k miles ago
Cambelt needs replacing as now over 5yrs old
Rocker cover leaks by belt end
bit of a leak from the dizzy as well
engine gearbox driveshafts complete as a drop in swap - 1700quid?

Fujitsubo Legalis R stainless exhaust. Silencer has a dent in it (had it when I bought it) but it doesn't leak as per vids above and had new flexi fitted last year - 250quid ?

ebc fitted, Blitz DSBC 200quid

Yellow Bilstein struts bought new and fitted March 2017, 10k miles ago
lowering springs, TOMs apparently but I have no real proof. They lower nice (for me) - 650quid ? includes top mounts etc

OZ Chrono wheels, 8/9 stagger 17's ET35 - need refurb'd
Rear tyres, 255x40x17 PS2 10k miles good tread on them
Front tyres, 215x40,17 AD08R unsure miles but still plenty tread (i clearly dont stress the front tyres!) 500quid

Complete interior, ash tray, gear stick surround, centre console etc.

Last edited by raptor95GTS on Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 18

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

https://mr2-ben.co.uk/products/1382

Any chance I can have all 4 of these? I need the 2 nuts as well. They have a wee arm type thing on the outer ones. Let me know price and I’ll sort it out.
I’m not 100% sure i have the right bolts or nuts fitted. It was a bit of a scramble moving it out my old garage.

www.straitupstudios.co.uk
raptor95GTS
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

honestly at that price you'd be best getting them new. I'm not sure how easy we'll get bolts like that out of the subframe, that and the engine is still sitting on it [Wink]
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 18

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

raptor95GTS wrote:
honestly at that price you'd be best getting them new. I'm not sure how easy we'll get bolts like that out of the subframe, that and the engine is still sitting on it [Wink]

Was more for time of getting them, It’s cool I’ll pop into toyota. I do have bolts on there but they’re not the right ones.
raptor95GTS
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

no probs bud, sub frame hasn't been removed yet and waiting on an engine/ gearbox buyer as car can still be moved about the now [Smile]
hans-Rev3

Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Pm'd
oddshoes
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 78

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 V6

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Are you willing to sell amd ship turbo engine, front bumper?
raptor95GTS
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

oddshoes wrote:
Are you willing to sell amd ship turbo engine, front bumper?

shipping bumpers is a big problem, it's almost impossible to find someone that will do it and of course the problem of it arriving in one bit is not high. engine, could find someone likely yes.
oddshoes
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 78

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 V6

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Sorry I ment turbo engine lid
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2s Being Broken All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: