Rev3 Turbo Overboosting help. *UPDATE* - DP off

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

adam3442

Re: Rev3 Turbo Overboosting help. *UPDATE* - DP off

Post by adam3442 »

That's not an easy question to answer. Car was off the road for about two years as I built a house, I seem to remember it running actuator pressure but can't be sure.

Major changes since are conversion to COP as well as some mods to my Jun intake. It has a link g4+ with timing set on the dunk using crank and cam sensors and a timing light.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

adam3442 wrote:That's not an easy question to answer. Car was off the road for about two years as I built a house, I seem to remember it running actuator pressure but can't be sure.

Major changes since are conversion to COP as well as some mods to my Jun intake. It has a link g4+ with timing set on the dunk using crank and cam sensors and a timing light.

Excessively retarded ignition timing can cause overboost like you're describing. If it wasn't doing this before and it is after substantial changes to the ignition system this may be a good place to look.
adam3442

Post by adam3442 »

Thanks bud, will also check that.
adam3442

Post by adam3442 »

So, car is back together, hasn't been test driven yet but timing checked and it's advanced by 5 degrees, this shouldn't be a massive issue when it comes to boost. And it hasn't been fully mapped yet.

We'll see if it still does the same on a drive.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”