www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
JDM Import Rev 2 Turbo - nearing MOT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rossonza
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

So managed to do some work on the car the other day:

got the brake calipers and pads all fitted using all new sliders/boots etc. Youll have to excuse the rust on the disks, they are actually brand new, i just left them outside for a few weeks... luckily it rubs off by hand.

In other news, a friends selling me an aftermarket ECU (MegaSquirt) really cheap, so couldnt say no. oh and a wideband to go with it.

Ive got quite a bit of experience with these as my old mx5 had one which i built from scratch. This is being removed from a mk1 4age car which as of this weekend is being converted to a camry v6.

a friends coming over sunday afternoon to help me bleed the brakes and a few other bits before i put her down on the ground and try driving it up the road and back. [thumleft]
rossonza
Premium Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

well... after being kindly given the brake bits i finally got my car on the ground (not without its issues):

1. rear caliper slider bolt snapped in the caliper, had to weld a nut to it to get it out which was fun.

2. car seats were damp which added to the driving experience lol.

3. engines still running like crap, my friend thinks weve timed it up incorrectly, im going to get under it tonight to check for the mark on the crank pulley. (we think we have tipexed the wrong place on the pulley, i think theres supposed to be a notch on it)

Managed to get a video of us moving it on the drive:
https://i.imgur.com/MuHGX5t.mp4

[thumleft] [thumleft]
exciting times now, just need to sort the running issues, tyres and wiper stalk and its time for MOT [Smile]
rossonza
Premium Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Well I only got 5 minute's on the car tonight

Got a new Jack.£40 new from halfords isn't bad.

Also believe I've found my rough running issue.

We've been timing the car to the white mark on the pulley shown below

As you can see there's a notch about an inch lower down on the pulley wheel.... I think it's been marked incorrectly. Or we've just timed it up to the white mark by mistake.

I sanded the pulley which showed the notch even more.

I then put some yellow paint on the correct mark on the pulley

Was too late to start the car. So I'll next get chance wednesday evening after work. Annoying I'm possibly close to getting the car running as it should have been all along.
rossonza
Premium Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

well got the timing light out last night...

the cars timing was indeed timed to that white mark (the wrong one)

i re-timed to the correct mark on the pulley, hoping the cam timing wasn't out etc.

Well...the results speak for themselves.

https://i.imgur.com/HaH7E0E.mp4

Im properly happy about the car running correctly now.

left on the list then its MOT time baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Dancing] [Dancing]

1. insert split pins through rear axles
2. fit brake line clips/holders
3. fix dash lights
4. replace wiper stalk
5. tighten up exhaust/fit middle bracket.
6. tyres

the list has grown a few items, but most of the items are quick 10 minute jobs.

excited to finally be close to mot after missing my personal august deadline. It's just in time for me to drive to work over winter instead of riding my motorbike in the snow like the previous 5 years or so.
[thumleft]
rossonza
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

got some more done tonight:

1. insert split pins through rear axles - DONE
2. fit brake line clips/holders - DONE
3. fix dash lights
4. replace wiper stalk
5. tighten up exhaust/fit middle bracket.
6. tyres

may see if i can get some tyres and get her mot'd this weekend

found a small coolant leak:

I cut the end of the pipework off, and re-fitted with a new jubilee clip instead of the pinch type clips:

you can see the split in the pipework just above my thumb
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: