www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Mk2 Dashboard Removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
l1ca

Feedback Score: 11

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Mk2 Dashboard Removal Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hey guys,

Trying to remove the dashboard and I think ive almost got it, about 8 bolts spattered across the dash and a couple of screws here and there, but the final bolt is an absolute pig to get to.

Its hidden inside the passenger side de-mister vent (the triangular one on the top of the dash near the window) however I cant figure out how to get to it.

Its obvious the vent needs to come out, but I cant see any obvious way of doing so. I thought there may be hidden fixings inside but having a look around there isnt anything there really.

I've tried carefully pulling at it from the outside but it makes noises im not too comfortable with and dont really want to snap anything.

Anyone got any tips on how to get the vent out? [Think]
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 7

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

saw this on you tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBvLK6cDH8c

But also Lee Dawes on FB & the OC. im not sure if hes on here hes done it a few times he might be able to help

hope its of help

regards brian

Hail Cosmos Eagle 1998 -
RIP White Eagle 1991 - 2016

Last edited by wilkie senior on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
alanmr2turbo

Feedback Score: 10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

you just prise the vent out
shinny
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 29

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

wilkie senior wrote:
saw this on you tube

Lee Dawes on FB & the OC.

Read wrongly, it looks like you're trying to say Lee did the video... I'm pretty sure that's not him though [Whistle]
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 7

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ha ha

yeah edited it better i was in a rush (sneaky look in the office)

[Smile]
yokomomr4bx
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I remember this being a pain to get out but it is just held in there by clips. I can take a photo of mine removed so you can see the clips if that would help...
l1ca

Feedback Score: 11

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

yokomomr4bx wrote:
I remember this being a pain to get out but it is just held in there by clips. I can take a photo of mine removed so you can see the clips if that would help...

Oh yes please that'd be really helpful. [thumleft]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: