www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Shane's rev 5 turbo. bit of an update, pics
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 204

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Any more updates ? Did the car get any more work on the map or is it still the same as when you bought it ?

This is one of about 5 mr2s i'd love to own, more pics wouldn't go amiss [Wink]

Keep up the good work [thumleft]
craig
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 141

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Also interested in updates! [bounce]
shane34

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

yeah been busy with many things, and not really the car tho im making time for it before we move.

Ive updated the mods list/spec

So whats been happening

changed the Motec M4 pro to a link plug and play. After hearing great things about the link, and there also very easy to set up. I actually ended up doing this myself the old motec loom was a bit of a mare to separate, but with a used turbo loom and with telephone help to diagnose a couple of issue the car starts on the button and idles ok. it has a standard MR2 base map, so the 1000cc injectors need to be adjusted. however i plan on sending this to fensport to fit a few parts. mainly electrical. then map it.

Exhaust over the top of the car has been working well on the car for over a year or so now. oil temps are below 100 degrees, normal 90 to 94.

i am on to my next stage(design) of the exhaust, plan to make a new rear silencer i have also fitted 4 V bands to help the quick removal to access the engine bay better.

ive added a support to the Up pipe( Downpipe in the normal application) new flex section over the top of the rocker cover. increased the ceramic wool thickness to 1" from 1/2" (1/2" i could just about touch this after a run.)

Im in the process of building the inner silence where the sound waves bounce around. once im happy with the sound, i will then build and outer case separated by ceramic wool again. hoping to leave a nice shiny out casing that can be touched.

once this is complete, ill look at a screamer pipe set up. side exit was fun, but loud and being driver side it was maybe a bit much.

Also with the extremely free flowing design of the previous set up it was also very loud, people had to walk away on the dyno. haha. ill now be instaling an active tip.

long radus bends, 80mm bore

version 1

version 2

relocated intercooler.

finished product

new tail pipe set up.

version 1 i think
https://youtu.be/ay5LDklU2vY

how it looks now

little drive by
https://youtu.be/F9KkyXcuKhA

Last edited by shane34 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Draven

Feedback Score: 43

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I love that exhaust that is awesome. [thumleft]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: