[Mk2] [Turbo] CT26 boost tail off.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Al-sw20

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] CT26 boost tail off.

Post by Al-sw20 »

Fit a ct20b and enjoy life.

Best stock fuel system turbo for the MR2 bar none.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Al-sw20 wrote:Fit a ct20b and enjoy life.

Best stock fuel system turbo for the MR2 bar none.

It's a 400bhp build. Ct26 is fine until i run in the egine etc. I actually always preferred the kick from the 26 over the 20. Albeit the tail of on the 26 is terrible.
mrfil13

Post by mrfil13 »

I read 1 guide that used a boost controller that would increase boost at the higher rev to combat some of the drop.

Decent flowing exhaust and a decat does help hold the boost level a little later.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

mrfil13 wrote:I read 1 guide that used a boost controller that would increase boost at the higher rev to combat some of the drop.

Decent flowing exhaust and a decat does help hold the boost level a little later.

Yeah my point of the post was is it the actual design of the turbo or a weak actuator etc, Like I said my friend who's given me the turbo run 14psi and says boost tail off wasn't an issue at all. And another post on an american site saying they fitted a different actuator and had no issues with boost tail off. Everything seems to point to it being a crap design/bad flow though so who knows. I do have a forge actuator on it although I doubt I'll even be running a bar of boost, Got my hands on a precision kit for when the engine is run in.

Return to “Modifications”