www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
1992 Rev 2 Turbo Project £1550 12mnths MOT & Pics

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2s for Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1xz
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 6

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: 1992 Rev 2 Turbo Project £1550 12mnths MOT & Pics Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

1992 Rev2 Turbo conversion in a U.K. shell.
Was left to rot in a garden, finally got the chance to buy it.
It starts and drives, have done the simple jobs to get it going: plugs cleaned, afm cleaned, oil in cylinders, built up pressure, cleaned HT leads and dizzy cap, fresh fuel, tank cleaner and it fired back to life.
I have no paperwork so assume it needs everything doing i.e. cambelt/water pump, coolant change and brake fluid swap.
It has after market down pipe, after market exhaust system, aftermarket exhaust manifold, samco hoses, non power steering rack, jdm retracting side mirrors.
It’s a project not a buy it and drive it away. I have driven it on a private road and as with most MR2’s the calipers are binding.
Body needs attention but thankfully the sills are solid both outer and inner.
I have applied for V5 which will be forwarded on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02/10/2018
- Spent a day freeing up the brakes, all calipers were removed and regreased and are now working.
- Discovered that the previous owner has used expanding foam in one of the exhaust so its only blowing out of one. I don't understand why apart from quietness.
- 10/40 Oil & New filter installed
- Boot lock had to be broken into as the key wouldn't work
- Engine idles and runs fine. It boosts hard but at 5000rpm it spits and splutters. Rev range before this seems fine. Ive ordered new fuel filter/plugs which im hopin will cure this but I thought id mention it anyway.

That's it, ive been as honest as I can, vehicle does have advisories but drives fine and is ready to be driven away.

PICS: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjgnN0-uv0ynfqHD7crm-Ulb_V4

I can forward pics via what’s app 07718991952
v1xz
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 6

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Now has 12 mnths MOT & Pics uploaded
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2s for Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: