www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Rev4 Turbo *mini photoshoot*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 141

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

jimGTS wrote:
hey all, so, there is a likely possibility the car will be for sale shortly.

aside from returning a few interior bits to near stock, car will remain as is.

i wont be disappearing from the forums, i just couldnt, as there is also the possibility of just returning the car to closer to standard and using it as a daily. or maybe getting an NA when the time comes.

potential house move and maybe new car on the way.

Sorry to hear this Jim, given the effort you've put into this thing. It is/looks fantastic.

I'm the same, I just can't give IMOC up, even though I don't have an MR2 anymore. I keep looking at a MK2 na for a daily, or possibly even some rag top action in a MK3. I reckon I'll be back in one at some point!! [Mr. Green]
jimGTS
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 35

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yeh is a tricky one, I feel I’ve exhausted what I can do without going to the crazy step and creating a monster.
It’s ready for someone to just enjoy or do minor tweaks to their own preferences.

I wanted to make sure everything was strong and tip top before actually sticking it up, I’ve done a good 800miles now since I redone the head gasket, cars going extremely well and I’ve had my final enjoyments over those 800miles knowing the head is rebuilt and all new Toyota gaskets.
markstevieandmads

Feedback Score: 5

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Id recommend keeping it locked away for a few months and then enjoy it.
I hadnt used mine for 8 months and was getting bored with it. But now its done im relearning all that it has to offer and enjoying it again.

The problem is you could sell it but then buy another and it wont be as sorted as the one you got now and you will be back to square one.
J-1
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Great effort with the HG work, Jim.

Would be a shame to see you sell, but sometimes you have to... [Crying or Very sad]
jimGTS
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

well i dont "have to", but im looking to explore something else of a similar nature, its one of those i have to try before kids come along situation, and as car is tip top in my eyes, now seemed the sensible time to move on.

if it doesnt sell for what i want, i will likely strip a few easy bits to sell/keep and just store the car at my folks.
jimGTS
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

well decision has been made to return the mr2 to a little closer to stock, sell off a few bits and get it daily ready for when its needed.... im planning to still use it, take to shows and insure it, as my new car went on a classic insurance which meant i didnt have to give up any NCB.

i picked this up a few weeks ago...[Shocked]

Rory

Feedback Score: 6

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Wow. Is that your garage?
jimGTS
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

i wish, there was about 2 million pounds worth of other crazy vehicles in there as well.
markstevieandmads

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

That is lovely!!!
Prob one of the only cars id get rid of my mr2 for
blogsy

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Is that a new mr2 body kit, nice. Only joking, very nice car. Is it the same as mr Gidons. what sort of power dose it have.
jimGTS
Premium Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

blogsy wrote:
Is that a new mr2 body kit, nice. Only joking, very nice car. Is it the same as mr Gidons. what sort of power dose it have.

wife said similar, looks like the mr2, ha.
it is an awesome machine though in different ways, but also similar in others, is the very reason i was drawn to it because of my love for the mr2s characteristics (mid engined, RWD, manual etc).

i actually got a hot seat ride in peters i think 10+years ago, from memory his was an early GTO, with the 2.5ltr engine, i think. Am sure someone will correct me? was a rocket ship which gave me a lasting memory.

this ones a late GTO-3R, so the updated 3.0ltr with 6speed getrag, running M400 turbos, uprated intercooler, M400 timing mod and a tune, kicking out 410hp/390lb at 0.7bar. (factory weight is 1080kg with the leather and a/c).

it is a true weapon in any gear.

but as said, still love the mr2, so this is just another car to learn about and enjoy in my eyes.
blogsy

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

What a motor, I hope it has good traction control [thumleft]
jimGTS
Premium Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

haha, no TRC, no ABS.
PS and A/C is the only luxuries
rossonza
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

bloody lovely looking motor Jim. i think youve made a good choice [thumleft]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to: