1994 MR2 GT turbo T-bar

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lee H

Re: 1994 MR2 GT turbo T-bar

Post by Lee H »

Draven wrote:One thing i'd say check your oil very regularly. they do use a fair amount of oil when you vtec

Good advice but not all do from my experience. My missus has an EP3 on 156k that we've had 7 years that doesn't use a drop of oil and I have a supercharged EP3 that also doesn't use any. The S2000 we share is another matter though, drinks it for fun.

Enjoy. I loved my original one hence buying the supercharged one recently but can't find the same love for this one.
craig

Post by craig »

Lee H wrote:
Draven wrote:One thing i'd say check your oil very regularly. they do use a fair amount of oil when you vtec

Good advice but not all do from my experience. My missus has an EP3 on 156k that we've had 7 years that doesn't use a drop of oil and I have a supercharged EP3 that also doesn't use any. The S2000 we share is another matter though, drinks it for fun.

Enjoy. I loved my original one hence buying the supercharged one recently but can't find the same love for this one.

I'm OCD with checking my oil anyway :lol:

I bet a supercharged EP3 is fun!!

small update already. These are the offending cheap ass floor mats that were in the car when I bought it:

I found some brand new genuine Type R mats complete with the retaining bracket. I got these bought, and proceeded to remove the crap ones and hoover the car out.

rear one piece mat fitted:

Passenger mat:

And finally, the driver's mat. This car (I don't think) has ever had a retaining bracket fitted. The flap in the carpet was uncut, and there was no plastic insert for the screw to hold the bracket to the chassis.

Bracket fitted:

And finally, drivers mat fitted. No more mat slipping under the pedals! Better than the MR2 effort that kept popping out of the ring in the carpet!

I also went into Honda this afternoon and ordered a replacement locking wheel nut key (as mine was missing when I bought the car) for the grand total of £15. It'll be available for collection tomorrow morning, service!! :D
Lee H

Post by Lee H »

It goes ok, this is the old shed. Had a hard life. Supercharged for over 10 years now. Bit of a sleeper.

androo007

Post by androo007 »

That engine belongs in an MR2.
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

Might be worth starting a new thread for the civic craig.
Your mr2 was a monster build and might be worth keeping seperate as it was a great story.
craig

Post by craig »

Looks good that, Lee :thumleft:

markstevieandmads, good shout :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”