BEAMS Blacktop conversion for mk2 £200

Parts for the Mk2 MR2 only (excluding bodywork and wheels/tyres)

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

hoagy5

BEAMS Blacktop conversion for mk2 £200

Post by hoagy5 »

I have decided to sell my beams blacktop conversion as I have not finished it as I have too many projects.

It is a manual beams blacktop engine 210bhp, dual Vvti.

It is mounted in a shell that is not much use, but great as a test bed.
(I am cutting this shell up now so it will just be a half cut of the engine bay back)

It needs the wiring finished, but the pins and housings are included, the loom has been combined with an MR2 rev4 loom, it needs the pins finishing at the ecu end and all tying up and covering.

The exhaust needs sorting out, I have a very nice manifold suitable for £200 which would do this and allow an N/A exhaust to be used.

It comes with a beams blacktop manual ecu.

The engine mounts have been adapted and reinforced.

It is mounted with an N/A gearbox and clutch.

The fuel pump has been changed to the beams high pressure pump.

The intake manifold has been reversed to point the correct way, it is joined with silicone hose.

If you were not bothered about cutting the boot bulkhead then a normal beams manifold could be used instead these come up quite cheaply.

A Rev 4 sump has been fitted.

Most of the hard work has been done, it needs some fresh motivation on it. I intended to use it for a particular class in hillclimbing which was the reason for it.

I can deliver the whole lot for fuel cost, but it would be better to view it to see what you are getting.

Please ask any further questions or for more pictures.

Additional Pictures:
Gen3 3SGE vs BEAMS 3SGE

Blacktop Cams and tensioners

Merging the wiring looms

VVTI Clearance

First trial fit of engine in SW20 bay
Last edited by hoagy5 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SonicSW20

Re: BEAMS Blacktop conversion for mk2 £200

Post by SonicSW20 »

Would be great to see some engine bay pictures, everyone (including myself) thinks it won't fit due to the dual VVTi interfering with the suspension tower - obviously that isn't the case!
hoagy5

Post by hoagy5 »

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmpVi07dyRHYgo1jAU_ap2S3TQ-fkw
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmpVi07dyRHYgo1lR8aLe5415ix6Yg

I can't really remember how to do the pictures properly.

It does fit, there is a few mm clearance. The intake Vvti is the same size as the red top, and the much bigger exhaust Vvti fits in front of the strut tower.

I have also fitted very stiff side engine mounts to stop it moving side to side, and poly mounts front and rear.

The biggest issue is the intake and wiring being the wrong way round, and these have been overcome. It has a lot of Rev 4 parts e.g. water inlet/outlets and sump to make it fit also.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Wow, even tighter than my mates Mk1 blacktop! No way to fit the timing cover on I assume? Hopefully someone will pick this up and finish it :thumleft:
hoagy5

Post by hoagy5 »

I was intending to fit the timing cover by cutting it down and combining it with a rev 4 cover, if you cut a circular hole for the exhaust pulley to poke out of. I mocked it up when I had the engine on the engine stand.

It has a normal mr2 cam belt tensioner setup on it. The beams cam belt is longer but only on the tensioner side so you can use a shorter belt with the rev 4 tensioner.

It comes with all the original covers and a rev 4 set.

It will be great to see it finished and I will give all the help I can, but I have no workshop at the moment and the car is where I want to build the workshop!

I can cut the shell it's in down if needed so It can be worked on in a normal house garage.
pbmr2

Post by pbmr2 »

can't get the pics to work? even cut and paste the link :cry:
hoagy5

Post by hoagy5 »

Opening post updated with pictures. I'll have a hunt around and see if I can find some more from when we did the build, but can take any required pictures people want.
hoagy5

Post by hoagy5 »

Reduced the price now as its got to go, seems a shame to take it to the scrap yard, if you send a pm I can give my number and send pics via watsapp etc
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Try the american / european market on social media - they love these.
Jayridium

Post by Jayridium »

At £200 I'm seriously interested, scratch that, I'm buying it :-) What price for the "nice manifold" you mention in the advert's original post? If I send funds just now, can I collect it in January?
hoagy5

Post by hoagy5 »

Hi yes, I will send you a p m. Cheers Rich
kirk

Post by kirk »

PM'd you buddy.

Return to “Mk2”