www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] 94 Rev3 Turbo Import Speedo and Rev counter intermittent fault

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lungxingquan
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] 94 Rev3 Turbo Import Speedo and Rev counter intermittent fault Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I have used the search but i couldn't find anything with similar symptoms, Apologies if i have missed it.

My speedo and Rev counter seem to stop working every now and again mostly just the speedo.

The odometer is continuing to count up though!

I can fix it temporary by removing the 3 plugs from the back of the unit and putting them back in, they don't look lose and they can't be pushed in further but i will go back to the car in one or two days and then notice one or both aren't working.

I don't get any Engine light flashes and the car continues to drive and accelerate fine

Is this a capacitor issue?

They both read fine and the speedo is spot on by gps

It is a import and doesn't have a converter board or chip!

Thanks,
Rick
lungxingquan
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

So I drove the mr2 to work both rev counter and speedo working,

went to the car after work and the speedo and rev counter didn't work when started it up and started to drive home

Went over a bump on the way home and the rev counter started to work?

Anyone any idea's?

Thanks,
Rick
simpson_eh

Feedback Score: 26

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

def a loose connection on the back try tapping the clocks whilst on see if it goes off, then tap closer to different parts easy way to find it
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: