Difference between Uk and JDM panels

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Caleb-mr2

Difference between Uk and JDM panels

Post by Caleb-mr2 »

Hi guys,

I’m in the middle of sorting my rev5 turbo and I want to replace the front two fenders and front bumper which is a border bumper.

I keep seeing that the front wings are different between UK and JDM. What is the difference? and is there any difference in the front bumper between UK and JDM?

Thanks
SonicSW20

Re: Difference between Uk and JDM panels

Post by SonicSW20 »

The panel is the same on Rev4 and 5, apart from the side strip behind the front wheel. UK ones are slightly more raised compared to Japan market.
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

And im sure the indicators are in different places between uk and jdm front wings
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

markstevieandmads wrote:And im sure the indicators are in different places between uk and jdm front wings

Correct for Rev1-3 they're the same on Rev 4 and 5. They don't have the 'toblerones'.

I just assumed OP was looking at parts off another Rev5, which of course may not be the case. :thumleft:
Caleb-mr2

Post by Caleb-mr2 »

Gazza_DJ wrote:
markstevieandmads wrote:And im sure the indicators are in different places between uk and jdm front wings

Correct for Rev1-3 they're the same on Rev 4 and 5. They don't have the 'toblerones'.

I just assumed OP was looking at parts off another Rev5, which of course may not be the case. :thumleft:

Sorry i probably should of been more clear lol.

I know the difference in the indicators. But I was wondering is I had wings off a 1998 naturally aspirated mr2 would they be the same ones that would of been fitted to a turbo of the same year??

I'm pretty sure they're exactly the same but want to make sure before buying! Incase there was a slight difference in the flair of them
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

98 wing is the same. Only difference is a UK/Euro market one has a more raised side strip. You can swap them over though.
JD

Post by JD »

Gazza_DJ wrote:98 wing is the same. Only difference is a UK/Euro market one has a more raised side strip. You can swap them over though.

I don't like those raised strips. The flat/flush JDM ones are so much nicer. Was it some incomprehensible H&S bulls&*^ that dictated the raised ones for Europe or just an internal decision by Toyota?
Caleb-mr2

Post by Caleb-mr2 »

Gazza_DJ wrote:98 wing is the same. Only difference is a UK/Euro market one has a more raised side strip. You can swap them over though.

Brilliant thanks!!
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

JD wrote:

I don't like those raised strips. The flat/flush JDM ones are so much nicer. Was it some incomprehensible H&S bulls&*^ that dictated the raised ones for Europe or just an internal decision by Toyota?

No idea, seems a strange thing to have a regional variance on!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”