www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Best spark plugs for mr2 turbo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leon.

Feedback Score: 46

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

jonb- wrote:
BKR7e from spark-plugs.co.uk are under a tenner. Swap them out every 5000 miles or so with the oil and you'll never have to worry about a weak spark or bits of platinum falling into your engine.

Jon, I thought the problem of spark plugs falling apart was related to iridium plugs?

Am I wrong on this one?
jonb-

Feedback Score: 12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I thought iridium was ok and platinum fell apart, perhaps someone can clear things up for us [Think]
jmachling
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 14

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

It was the iridium tipped plugs that I'd heard could fall apart - the tips are really fine and look delicate.

However, is this another urban myth that we're perpetuating? Would NGK really produce a plug that could fall apart and do expensive damage?

I guess they could get damaged by excessive detonation, but the cause of that should probably be more of a worry than the plugs I think.
Leon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Jon, excuse the gloating but this is one of very few I'll probably have over you so [tongue]

[Dancing]

[clown]

P.S. I had heard from Rogue that this has actually happened. Was a very long time ago I had the conversation so could be wrong....
jonb-

Feedback Score: 12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Enjoy the moment [Mr. Green] =D>
Leon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Why thank you [salut]

[cheers]
aussieGT

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

jmachling wrote:
lukem wrote:
BKR7EVX

www.mister-solutions.co.uk £5.71 ea
www.sparkplugs.co.uk £6.72 ea

??

BKR7E = copper
BKR7EVX = platinum
BKR7EIX = iridium

Sorry for the necro post but….

I'm cleaning up a 1993 turbo (hopefully for some shows) and it has NGK R BKR5EQUB plugs (well, it has three of those and one NGK R BKR6EK??)

Why would the bkr5equb's have been used?

Are they any good?
androo007

Feedback Score: 10

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Off the Halfords shelf copper plugs.

Not bad, not the best. I'd recommend running 4 identical plugs though.
aussieGT

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

^ Fair enough, thanks for that. I hadn't seen plugs with the four parts on the end before, thought they may have been something special.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: