[FINALIZED] 1999 Rev 5 MR2 GTi T Bar - Unmodified

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Magic Beans

1999 Rev 5 MR2 GTi T Bar - Unmodified

Post by Magic Beans »

Here we have a completely unmolested UK spec Rev 5 GTi. I purchased it last year as a toy to tinker with, but unfortunately never really got adequate time to spend on it. I subsequently purchased another car, with the intention of merging the two and making one awesome Rev 5 turbo. However, I later decided the other car was too good to simply become a donor and have opted to restore it. I'm now left with two MR2s and only really enough time and space to keep one, so the Rev 5 is the one looking for a new home.

The build thread, related to this car onwards, can be found through the following link. Very much an honest, warts and all detail of the car. As I do with all my cars. Please take a moment to read up on the car since my ownership, as it shows exactly how it stands today: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... start=2360

High level overview:

* Super White II (040)
* GT spec (full leather etc)
* T Bar
* ~147,000 miles
* Clutch replaced
* Gearbox replaced
* OS rear drop link replaced
* Front engine mount replaced (now polybushed)
* Cancer bars replaced
* Plenty of tread left on the tyres
* Lots of paperwork, including original books. It even has the original Toyota stickers on the windows etc.
* It's currently SORN'd, as it's been off the road since the end of autumn
* No MOT, it expired in November (my fault entirely). Sailed through previous MOT, with no advisories, no play in ball joints etc. Would do the same again, with maybe an advisory about surface corrosion on the sills.
* Some surface corrosion/rust on a few areas of the body. I've done some investigations and the metal underneath is solid. Personally I'd be looking at replacing the outer sills at some point; to be 100% sure it's not coming back.
* The wheels could use a refurb as they have a fair bit of paint flake etc on them. They're all straight and have minimal damage; they could just do with repainting for the sake of cosmetics.
* The radio is original and works intermittently. I was going to tackle is in the interest of making sure everything was 100% working. But to be honest, it was low on the priority list, as I didn't buy an MR2 to listen to the radio :lol:

Overall it's a lovely little car. What it needs is a bit of TLC to bring it up to standard, that's it. Mechanically it's sound, it drives well, stops perfectly, as a good MR2 should.

It's located in Nottinghamshire (NG18)

Asking price: £1350!
puku

Re: [FINALIZED] 1999 Rev 5 MR2 GTi T Bar - Unmodified

Post by puku »

oh dear... i must resist - i must resist...

damn... i m very intressted... you got more pics of the corrutions?
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Follow the link to my thread. That page onwards details the car, what's been done to it and how it stands now. Plenty of photos and details :)
thirlz2400

Interest if a MOT is possible

Post by thirlz2400 »

Hi mate, would be interested in purchasing the car however I live up north, if you could get an MOT on this I would be seriously interested as I fancy something for summer while my rev1 tubby is going undergoing a full rebuild.
aussieGT

Re: Interest if a MOT is possible

Post by aussieGT »

thirlz2400 wrote:Hi mate, would be interested in purchasing the car however I live up north...

Nottingham isn't exactly south coast is it?
thirlz2400

Post by thirlz2400 »

aussieGT wrote:
thirlz2400 wrote:Hi mate, would be interested in purchasing the car however I live up north...

aye mate, i'll just pop down for a brew in my lunch break
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

thirlz2400 wrote:
aussieGT wrote:

aye mate, i'll just pop down for a brew in my lunch break

Well you could give a slight hint as to where north you are. Thurso would be a nice day trip!

Since moving here (UK) everyone thinks that anywhere midlands is 'waaay north' - well thats what the southern types say.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

It's more of a "I want it to be waaaaay north" - anything north of the river we generally snub our noses at. Especially when people call sausages a snag.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

thirlz2400 wrote:Hi mate, would be interested in purchasing the car however I live up north, if you could get an MOT on this I would be seriously interested as I fancy something for summer while my rev1 tubby is going undergoing a full rebuild.

I can do that :)
thirlz2400

Post by thirlz2400 »

Class, cheers magic beans!
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Let me know if you're interested and I'll sort something.

The current price reflects a hands off approach. I'm happy to start to fix it up but the more I do the more it will creep up.
thirlz2400

Post by thirlz2400 »

Hi mate, done a bit pricing up on the insurance and there basically going to rinse me for 2k. Unfortunately i'm not going to be able to get it as that then takes all my money for the turbo build. Sorry for wasting your time but i'm sure you'll have finding another buyer as it's a belter!
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Yikes!! :shock: I pay about £150 for it, full comp!
puku

Post by puku »

i Pm you...
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Replied :)
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was puku