sbits and deepcar pull it out of the bag

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tonym

sbits and deepcar pull it out of the bag

Post by tonym »

last year i took my mr2 to a bodyshop in birmingham which seemed highly professional 30 years experience and full work guarantee had and enitre exterior respray and the paint reacted and basically the car was ruined, when i took it back was told to go f myself pretty much but will go into more detail soon as currently the case is going through court so i cant mention any names or places.

anyway spoke to peter gidden on here about the legal side of things and he was extremely helpful and really steered me in a good direction he also recommended me to deepcar autobodies who have now completed another full respray including stripping the terrible previous job and fixing any damages left

dave from deepcar has done a fantastic job and the car has turned out exactly how i wanted and how it should have been in the first place i can not recommend dave and peter highly enough some of the nicest and most helpful guys your a likely to ever meet genuine good people

peter also sorted some mechanical issues for me and up the boost on my car for a bit more power hes very professional and thorough in what he does wouldnt take the mr2 anywhere else full of advice and knows what hes talking about

i will go into further details of my journey with the paint job at a later date and show pics of the previous job and then the awesome job carried out by dave and his team
alanmr2turbo

Re: sbits and deepcar pull it out of the bag

Post by alanmr2turbo »

What were details of 1st respray cost you paid? Was it a full glass out, strip down respray or just a cheap blow over? If it was just a blow over i doubt they would have used an Isolator/Sealer to stop any reaction with the paint.
tonym

reactions

Post by tonym »

£1500 for the first job and was told it was a straight foward job as the car was straight and had no rust to tackle the car was already black so this i why i just went for an exterior job to have all the panels matching colour but yes basically i am informed major lack of preperation and just shoddy workmanship i know £1500 is not big money for a full job but i could have had the same level of job done for £500/£600 elsewhere honestly there was a piece of masking tape base coated and laquered on the drivers door which shows the level of care taken

like i said i cant say to much as the case is in court but i will be sure to let everyone know what shop it was and the full extent of what went on

Return to “Trader Feedback”