Rev3 MR2 Downunder

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tiff_lee

Re: Rev3 MR2 Downunder

Post by tiff_lee »

So where was I....

bit of a retrospective update here to catch up with where i'm at now

Bought a centre console and dash cover in suede from topgaiters or whatever they're called on ebay. The dash cover was about 90% ok, just wouldnt fit in some places without cutting and some of the pre-cut areas were wrong like the air vents for the windscreen, you can tell it was made from a poor template.

Anyhow got it all fitted and looking pretty good

however after about 1 month in the winter sun it started to shrink and fade badly!

a little time later.....

Top gaiters refused to refund after photo evidence of the blatant shrinkage and fading and I had to claim via paypal resulting int me having to remove all the cover and send it back....

Yeah so buy from them at your own risk.

I fancied replacing my rear Cusco brace and OEM x-brace with a TRD brace but seeing that they cost a small fortune I bought a stainless one from the US. I asked them about clearance when using a ST205 chargecooler (for future reference) and they had no idea but would sell me the brace at a discount if I took a punt on it and could show clearance pics, so before

after

not actually running that cooler at the mo was just checking clearance.

After buying parts here and there, shipping from UK to Aus and being bleed dry in Aus in general for parts I decided it was cheaper to pick up a whole car I can cannibalise as and when required, so bought this N/A JDM>UK>AU import

unknowing to me at the time it has the power folding mirrors and steering fogs which was a nice surprise and I definitely fancy using that spoiler on my Turbo.

As per this thread here

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... highlight=

I recently bought a Berk DP and chinese... 3mm stainless steampipe manifold both of which turned out to be a bit of a turd.

As you can see from the pics in that thread, no xxxx were given when they made that downpipe and the fact Berk were happy with it and stood by it says it all, IMO check out the Prime downpipe they clearly took some pride in that which is more than can be said for Berk, first and last Berk product i'll ever buy.
As for the manifold, i'll need to run a 10mm spacer/flange as there is insufficient clearance for the turbo on the block due to incorrect placement of turbo flange relative to head/exhaust flange and then the compressor housing needs to be rotated slightly to give sufficient clearance for intercooler pipework which rules out using the OE pipework ><

While the car is off the road i've also been modding the centre console unit to fit a triple gauge setup

i've actually got the finished article right here with gauges fitted but not happy with it so going to flat it back and add some more filler to get the 'curves' how I want them.

Also in the midst of making a 'TT shifter

the big problem with this is the clearance for the shifter cable as it rubs on the underside (near the 2/3 oclock position in this image)

Return to “Member Profiles”