[Mk2] [NA] Ignition coils & screws

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

TomG

[Mk2] [NA] Ignition coils & screws

Post by TomG »

Just inspected the ignition coil today - it's looking a bit worse for wear!

Where is the best place to get a replacement? An NGK one is £29.50 on eBay - anyone used one of these?

Also the screws are very rusted and don't look like they will undo so I will look at getting a new bracket for the new coil to go on. Does anyone know what size the screws are? I'll try and get allen head replacements!
TomG

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Ignition coils & screws

Post by TomG »

I bought an NGK ignition coil from Opie Oils, seems to be working just fine.

The screws holding the ignition coil to the bracket are standard M4 - I bought some socket cap screws from Screwfix for a couple of quid. They are 16mm length but anything 15-20 should be fine.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

TomG wrote:Just inspected the ignition coil today - it's looking a bit worse for wear!

Where is the best place to get a replacement? An NGK one is £29.50 on eBay - anyone used one of these?

Also the screws are very rusted and don't look like they will undo so I will look at getting a new bracket for the new coil to go on. Does anyone know what size the screws are? I'll try and get allen head replacements!

Bought mine from gtschris worked great :thumleft: spark-plugs that is .
TomG

Post by TomG »

2mad wrote:Bought mine from gtschris worked great :thumleft: spark-plugs that is .

Already replaced it with an NGK one... I just answered my own question as it may help someone out who is searching.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

TomG wrote:
2mad wrote:Bought mine from gtschris worked great :thumleft: spark-plugs that is .

Already replaced it with an NGK one... I just answered my own question as it may help someone out who is searching.

:thumleft:

Return to “Electrical”