[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 3 Turbo swap AC pinout

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rassiel

[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 3 Turbo swap AC pinout

Post by Rassiel »

Hi.
I got a '94 rev3 that has a rev 3 Turbo swap in it.
Wiring was done using the Turbo engine loom and the NA chassis loom, changing the required pins (suposedly) in the ECU plug.

The AC is not working, clutch is not engaging but its raising the idle when the AC switch is pressed. There is no power to the AC clutch. Checked gas pressures and pressure switches and they were ok.
As its raising the idle, i assume the AC amplifier is sending the signal that the AC is on to the ECU .
Is the ECU suposed to send the power back to the AC clutch relay? Or do i have to reach the AC amplifier and relay (behind the glovebox, isnt it) to check by BGB?

This is what i got on the chassis loom plug. Are the 2 pins for the AC in the right position?

Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 3 Turbo swap AC pinout

Post by Peter Gidden »

If the clutch is not engaging you just have to find the pin in the body loom and repin to pin in engine loom.
Rassiel

Post by Rassiel »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:If the clutch is not engaging you just have to find the pin in the body loom and repin to pin in engine loom.

Thanks Peter. Would you precise a bit more please?
I did some research tonight and found two things.
First looking at the rev3 pinout available on most of the mr2 forums like this
I can see that i dont have anything conected in the pin labeled as ATS, from what i have gathered this goes to the AC amplifier, as does AC1.
ACT is suposed to go to the AC amplifier. Found a couple of diagrams that dont care about this pin, would it make any difference?
Second, there is another important plug in the engine bay, the so called EA3 around the fuse box, pin 16 black and white should bring the power to the AC clutch from the AC clutch relay that is powered by the amplifier.
Seems like is gona be a multimeter job!
#-o
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

Might be obvious but was the gas let out when you did your transplant? May just need regassing
Rassiel

Post by Rassiel »

Update on this:

I finally fixed it. The forum member acf8181 sent me a picture of his chassis loom plug (rev 3 NA import like mine before the swap but with ABS)

With this and the rev3 NA pinouts available on internet, i could see what colour is each pin, and then see what has been done to my chassis loom plug.
I found that the black wire on pin 23 (second on the left botton on my plug picture) was ELS (that goes on second right top on turbo) and the pink/green was the ACT pin needed for the AC, that goes in place of the black one in pin 23.

:thumleft:

Return to “Electrical”